Games Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEARCHER

Solid State Member
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to pull (rip?)music off games discs?
Can you reccomend any software?
Thanks in advance.

Do you mean you want to listen to the game's music outside the game? or do you mean you want to make a copy of the game without the music (much smaller cd. it is called ripping the cd)?

Ah,yes I mean that I want to take the music off the games cd and put it onto an audio cd.....if thats possible.

Do you mean you want to listen to the game's music outside the game? or do you mean you want to make a copy of the game without the music (much smaller cd. it is called ripping the cd)?

You sir are pedantic... I LOVE IT!!!

:D

Smile I was joking.

This may seem stupid... but the first thing to do is actually put the CD into an audio player... some tracks may be saved as CD Audio...so press 'Play' and see what happens. I know you think this is stupid.. but trust me.. it does happen.

Failing that... go to www.mp3.com... and look at the game soundtrack section :D

Cadfael said:
You sir are pedantic... I LOVE IT!!!

:D

Smile I was joking.

This may seem stupid... but the first thing to do is actually put the CD into an audio player... some tracks may be saved as CD Audio...so press 'Play' and see what happens. I know you think this is stupid.. but trust me.. it does happen.

Failing that... go to www.mp3.com... and look at the game soundtrack section :D

hehe m8, I needed a dictionary to find this word :D
and it ain't stupid at all, this was my first supposed-to-be suggestion :p
I can't really tell which programs will rip that games cds (illegal, sorry), but you can go to http://download.com.com and try diffrent phrases to find that game ripping progam.. if you can't find it there tell me, I'll give it my best shot, too.
anyways, try first what Cadfael said, look in the games folders for music types (mp3, wav, etc.. use windows find - windows button+f) or put the cd into the music player, some of the files will be probably heard.
cheers m8..
(if none of the above works you can give AudioGrabber a shot, but I'm really not sure if can do it).
good luck m8.

wow,thanks for all the advice. I'll give it a go and let oyu know what happens.
By the way,I'm impressed by all the signatures - are you all using photoshop?

I haven't used photoshop, don't like it. I'm using Photobrush and Paint Shop.. cheers..

OK guys,I've been trying out the above but not had any luck as yet.If I put a games disc in a normal audio player I just get "1 Data track" on the LCD.
I've also tried Audiograbber but to no avail.I have been able to download some tracks I've been looking for off Kaza,there are also some nice mixed tunes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom