Gamecube on my PC

wedroptozero

Baseband Member
I just purchased a gamecube for my dorm but don't want to purchase a TV, I am wondering if there is a solution that lets me play the gamecube through my computer to be displayed on my monitor. I have a decent rig with a 6600GT and Soundblaster Live! for video and audio, but this has no input. Is there another card I can get that will allow for something like this?

NO! Tv cards have a delay, often as high as 1 to 2 seconds!

You need a VGA Box. It directly converts the Component signal to VGA, without going through your CPU, in fact it doesn't hook up to your computer at all.

This is what everybody uses at my boarding school.

haha thanks!

I would give you rep, but it won't let me... I must have given you some recently.

O, well when I used it it worked fien for me, but, I wasn't doing any serious gaming it though...

anyone have a link to a good VGA box? I don't want anything overly expensive if possible... my monitor is a 21" LCD widescreen if that matters

hascet said:
O, well when I used it it worked fien for me, but, I wasn't doing any serious gaming it though...
it is not the seriousness of the gaming that matters, it is that, with your average tv tuner card, it is fed and rendered thru your CPU, and this video process competes with other background processes that your CPU is working on, so a VGA box does not go thru the cpu, thus making it have no delay.

Back
Top Bottom