Game Trainer

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask is "allowed", or if it's even kosher to do so; it's not illegal like "pirating", but I'll guess I'll find out if my post is deleted/ removed by an Admin.

From the title of my post, I'm referring to what some of you PC Gamer's know as a game "trainer". As you might already know, it's a little program that you run simultaneously with a game, and then when in-game, you press certain designated keys and you receive things like Infinite Health (or, "God Mode"); Infinite Ammo; No Reload; etc.

I've used game trainers for years for a, uhhh,.....little help with a game ;) Yes, I know; in plain terms it's cheating.

If my post doesn't get removed & deleted, here's my dilemma:

I just recently purchased a copy of the game "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" from Amazon.com. And yes, I know, COD: AW is a couple of years old now (2014), but Amazon had it for sale at a good price.

After the game box arrived in my mail, I opened the case and there were 6 DVD's inside for the install. And then I notice on the back of the box/ case....a Steam Account is required. Swell.

I know there are a lot of gamers out there that probably think that Steam is the greatest thing since sliced bread; not me. I've really only had one other game that required a Steam Account, and that was way back in 2007 for the game "Portal". Some years later I purchased the game "F.E.A.R. 2", but didn't notice the fine print on the box that it required a Steam Account; luckily, I was able to return it to the company (developer/ maker of the game, not Steam) for a refund. Retail stores don't do much return on video games nowadays due to CD/ DVD burners.

So anyway, when I purchased COD: AW from Amazon, I didn't know Steam was involved. I won't get off track too much here, but let me tell ya, just the install process itself was a b*tch :mad:

So.....some of you might be familiar with the web site of GameCopyWorld; this is where I've gotten a lot of my game trainers through the years.

And let me say up front that I am aware that when there are many trainers available for a given game, you have to make sure you're choosing the correct one according to what version of the game you have.

I don't know whether having to have a Steam Account to play this game effects this, but I cannot seem to get the correct trainer to use along with my COD: AW game.

During a 'Net search, I think I came across a post on a Steam forum that said that the version you see on the game's executable file doesn't matter, that it's something else that effects what version of the game you have (and hence, what version of a trainer you should use).

For what it's worth, when I drill down in my Steam folder to get to the game's executable file, for COD: AW, it's called, "s1_sp64_ship"; and, the version of this file is: 1.22.0.1

If you were to go to GameCopyWorld and make your way to the page with the trainers for COD: AW, there are trainers for versions from 1.0 all the way to a 1.7......and then it jumps to a version 1.15, a 1.16, and then a 1.18

Well, according to my executable's file (1.22.0.1), wouldn't I have a version 1.2?

And to make sure your Steam game has the latest updates, I found that you do this: Launch your Steam app, go to Libraries, right-click on your game and select Properties; then go to the tab of Local Files, and click on the button of "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". I've done that, but my game stays at 1.22.0.1

Should I be getting a later version? Like 1.3? 1.7? Or 1.18? Or does all of that depend on what copy of the game you purchased?

So....can anybody help? What version of the trainer do I use for my copy of COD: AW? I started downloading and going through many of the trainers on GameCopyWorld just to see if I could stumble upon the correct one. But when I would attempt to use the trainer during the game and press the designated activation keys, there would be no effect in the game (no Infinite Health, no Infinite Ammo, etc.), or, it would just cause the game to crash back to desktop.

And also, just to let you know: I'm not into the multiplayer aspect of the game like a lot of people are; I want the trainer to help me with the Campaign part of the game.

Thanks for any help or suggestion,
Pez

COD have very strict rules of modding. In my opinion, I wouldn't risk it, I have seen many people get banned from modding/hacking CODs and a VAC ban on your account is NOT good news. Don't risk it. If you do want to mod something with trainers, do GTA V single player, just remember not to take the mods online.

COD have very strict rules of modding. In my opinion, I wouldn't risk it, I have seen many people get banned from modding/hacking CODs and a VAC ban on your account is NOT good news. Don't risk it. If you do want to mod something with trainers, do GTA V single player, just remember not to take the mods online.
You can't get VAC banned for using a trainer on a SP experience. VAC adheres strictly to online gaming.

On the other hand, I had an extended argument with forum leaders over the grey area legality over no-cd cracks and we agreed that it's just a subject that shouldn't be discussed publically on the boards. To that degree trainers being a hack of DRM'd content also falls into this category.

As to the unnecessary slight rant about Steam, I think we've all been there and really the convenience of an online library rules out anything I hated about it over time.

Hi Spicy & PP Mguire; thanks for the replies.

OK: since I mentioned that the only other Steam game I've ever really had is "Portal" many years ago, when I got COD: AW recently, I had just found out about that term you used, a "VAC ban" (Valve Anti-Cheat; Valve being the company linked to Steam).

But like I also mentioned at the end of my original post, I don't play the multiplayer aspect of the game, I'm just into the single-player Campaign mode.

Spicy: you mention "GTA V""; are you referring to the game "Grand Theft Auto"? Why are you bringing that up? I'm familiar with the game series, but I don't play any of them. What's the reason you mention it; not sure I get it.

I'm not worried about risking it; like I say, this is only for single-player Campaign mode, not multiplayer online play. I could even pull the cable on my Internet connection.

And PP Mguire: were you referring to me when you said "As to the unnecessary slight rant about Steam"? :silly: It's been almost 10 years (the Portal game) since I had a game that's associated with the Steam company; they're just not my thing. Just this past week when I received my copy of COD: AW in the mail from Amazon, and then open the case to get the 6 DVD's....but then discover the installation of the game also requires a Steam account, well, that was a downer for me. As Austin Powers would say: "They're just not my bag, baby!" :p

So anyway, even though I appreciate the two of you jumping onto my message post here, can you help with what I specifically asked? With all of the trainers out there for COD: AW, do either of you know how I can determine which one will work with my game? Correct version, etc.?

Remember: Campaign mode, not multiplayer; I'm not concerned about the risk or VAC ban ;)

Thanks,
Pez

You can't get VAC banned for using a trainer on a SP experience. VAC adheres strictly to online gaming.

On the other hand, I had an extended argument with forum leaders over the grey area legality over no-cd cracks and we agreed that it's just a subject that shouldn't be discussed publically on the boards. To that degree trainers being a hack of DRM'd content also falls into this category.

As to the unnecessary slight rant about Steam, I think we've all been there and really the convenience of an online library rules out anything I hated about it over time.

Hi Spicy & PP Mguire; thanks for the replies.

OK: since I mentioned that the only other Steam game I've ever really had is "Portal" many years ago, when I got COD: AW recently, I had just found out about that term you used, a "VAC ban" (Valve Anti-Cheat; Valve being the company linked to Steam).

But like I also mentioned at the end of my original post, I don't play the multiplayer aspect of the game, I'm just into the single-player Campaign mode.

Spicy: you mention "GTA V""; are you referring to the game "Grand Theft Auto"? Why are you bringing that up? I'm familiar with the game series, but I don't play any of them. What's the reason you mention it; not sure I get it.

I'm not worried about risking it; like I say, this is only for single-player Campaign mode, not multiplayer online play. I could even pull the cable on my Internet connection.

And PP Mguire: were you referring to me when you said "As to the unnecessary slight rant about Steam"? :silly: It's been almost 10 years (the Portal game) since I had a game that's associated with the Steam company; they're just not my thing. Just this past week when I received my copy of COD: AW in the mail from Amazon, and then open the case to get the 6 DVD's....but then discover the installation of the game also requires a Steam account, well, that was a downer for me. As Austin Powers would say: "They're just not my bag, baby!" :p

So anyway, even though I appreciate the two of you jumping onto my message post here, can you help with what I specifically asked? With all of the trainers out there for COD: AW, do either of you know how I can determine which one will work with my game? Correct version, etc.?

Remember: Campaign mode, not multiplayer; I'm not concerned about the risk or VAC ban ;)

Thanks,
Pez
You pretty much skipped over what I had said.

As to Steam, some of us have hundreds of games on there simply because it's easier to go "hm I want to play this game *right click download*" instead of searching for discs. While also automatically updating said game without touching it. In a lot of cases, one's internet connection might be faster than a DVD can even read from the disc. It's why digital distribution is so popular, convenience.

As PP said, very big grey area...but I'll answer portions.

To find the version of your game - just launch it. Somewhere the version is almost always displayed - either during the loading screens, on the main menu screen, in one of the menus, etc.

v1.22 and v1.2 are not the same things. There's 20 subversions separating the 2. Anything with 1.2.x would be version 1.2, and anything 1.22.x would be 1.22.

As for requiring a Steam account - get used to it. Pretty much every game requires some sort of digital distributor account - whether that's Steam, Origin (EA), uPlay (Ubisoft), etc. (yes, that includes retail disc-bought games - some just contain a card in the case with a Steam code to redeem). The only site that doesn't require a launcher for their games is GoG, who has DRM-free games. Steam et.al have gotten a lot better. I used to be like you and hate Steam and all the other clients. As they improved, I started to like them.

You really didn't even need to use the discs to install if your internet is fast enough - should have just been a code to redeem, then right click -> download.

PP Mguire: You said, "You pretty much skipped over what I had said". I have pretty much no idea what you're talking about; and no, I'm not being deliberately obtuse.

After your first reply to my post, I then mentioned & acknowledged about the VAC ban stuff; that I play the story-line/ Campaign aspect of the game, not the online multiplayer aspect.

And then also in your original reply to my post, you mentioned the stuff about the legality of NO-CD cracks, and that game trainers might fall into that same category, and that maybe these matters shouldn't be discussed publicly on message boards; and yet here we are: this thread has been going on for many posts in this thread, discussing this.

And if you'll recall, one of my very first sentences in my original post was, "I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask is "allowed", or if it's even kosher to do so", and then, "but I'll guess I'll find out if my post is deleted/ removed by an Admin". And yet, here we are, and I'm the 7th poster in this thread.

Nope, don't think I skipped over anything.

carnageX: Always good to hear from you! :) You've posted replies to many of the posts I've put in these forums through the years, whether it was in Hardware, Software, Windows OS, etc.

You were right: I launched the game, browsed around a little through various menus, and there was a button for "System Info"; in here was the version of my game: 1.22.1219163.40

So yes: version 1.22......and then some!! :eek:

But from some browsing around on the 'Net, I did not come across a trainer for COD AW that's specifically for version 1.22.xxxx...... Hmmm, weird; it's not like the game is brand new (2014); you'd think there would be a trainer for my version by now.

And oh my gosh: You mentioned GoG!! Good Old Games!! That is where I get most of my games. I'm a big adventure game fan from way back (mid-90's). GoG has a lot of those games, and they even make it easy where the installer uses DOS-Box and does everything for you.

And yes: The DVD case of my COD: AW came with a card inside which has a Key Code (a 15-character code). But it says nothing with the word "Steam Code" on it; it mentions the company that put the game out: ActiVision.

So, I guess I'm still in the same spot: I evidently have version 1.22.xxxx of the game, and there's no trainer out there specific to my version.

And oh yeah: not interested in the game site of CheatHappens; they charge money for their trainers; plenty of free ones out there.

What can I say: I mainly like adventure/ puzzle-type games, but every once-in-a-while I go for a Call of Duty game, but, I'm not as skilled as many of the players out there are, and I spend a lot of my time "dying", so, I can use some help with a little bit of that ole' "God Mode" :cool:
Pez

If there isn't a trainer specifically for 1.22 on GCW, then I'd say either, a) nobody made one (for whatever reason), b) the 1.22 patch is recent, or c) it's out there, but not public or behind a paywall.

Indeed GoG makes older games easier. They also have their own client however, called GoG Galaxy that allows you to manage your games from the client rather than the website.

As for the code in your AW box - yeah, that'd be a Steam code. You can open up Steam and click the Steam menu button -> Activate a Product on Steam... -> and enter in the code given and it'll auto-add to your account & library.

As PP said, very big grey area...but I'll answer portions.

To find the version of your game - just launch it. Somewhere the version is almost always displayed - either during the loading screens, on the main menu screen, in one of the menus, etc.

v1.22 and v1.2 are not the same things. There's 20 subversions separating the 2. Anything with 1.2.x would be version 1.2, and anything 1.22.x would be 1.22.

As for requiring a Steam account - get used to it. Pretty much every game requires some sort of digital distributor account - whether that's Steam, Origin (EA), uPlay (Ubisoft), etc. (yes, that includes retail disc-bought games - some just contain a card in the case with a Steam code to redeem). The only site that doesn't require a launcher for their games is GoG, who has DRM-free games. Steam et.al have gotten a lot better. I used to be like you and hate Steam and all the other clients. As they improved, I started to like them.

You really didn't even need to use the discs to install if your internet is fast enough - should have just been a code to redeem, then right click -> download.

PP Mguire: You said, "You pretty much skipped over what I had said". I have pretty much no idea what you're talking about; and no, I'm not being deliberately obtuse.

After your first reply to my post, I then mentioned & acknowledged about the VAC ban stuff; that I play the story-line/ Campaign aspect of the game, not the online multiplayer aspect.

And then also in your original reply to my post, you mentioned the stuff about the legality of NO-CD cracks, and that game trainers might fall into that same category, and that maybe these matters shouldn't be discussed publicly on message boards; and yet here we are: this thread has been going on for many posts in this thread, discussing this.

And if you'll recall, one of my very first sentences in my original post was, "I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask is "allowed", or if it's even kosher to do so", and then, "but I'll guess I'll find out if my post is deleted/ removed by an Admin". And yet, here we are, and I'm the 7th poster in this thread.

Nope, don't think I skipped over anything.

carnageX: Always good to hear from you! :) You've posted replies to many of the posts I've put in these forums through the years, whether it was in Hardware, Software, Windows OS, etc.

You were right: I launched the game, browsed around a little through various menus, and there was a button for "System Info"; in here was the version of my game: 1.22.1219163.40

So yes: version 1.22......and then some!! :eek:

But from some browsing around on the 'Net, I did not come across a trainer for COD AW that's specifically for version 1.22.xxxx...... Hmmm, weird; it's not like the game is brand new (2014); you'd think there would be a trainer for my version by now.

And oh my gosh: You mentioned GoG!! Good Old Games!! That is where I get most of my games. I'm a big adventure game fan from way back (mid-90's). GoG has a lot of those games, and they even make it easy where the installer uses DOS-Box and does everything for you.

And yes: The DVD case of my COD: AW came with a card inside which has a Key Code (a 15-character code). But it says nothing with the word "Steam Code" on it; it mentions the company that put the game out: ActiVision.

So, I guess I'm still in the same spot: I evidently have version 1.22.xxxx of the game, and there's no trainer out there specific to my version.

And oh yeah: not interested in the game site of CheatHappens; they charge money for their trainers; plenty of free ones out there.

What can I say: I mainly like adventure/ puzzle-type games, but every once-in-a-while I go for a Call of Duty game, but, I'm not as skilled as many of the players out there are, and I spend a lot of my time "dying", so, I can use some help with a little bit of that ole' "God Mode" :cool:
Pez
This thread has less than 10 posts and nobody else answered because of how grey area the topic is. The only other person responding now besides me is a mod, and he's not particularly answering your question fully because of what I said before. The first sentence in the OP talks about the legality in which I fully answered for you which is what you pretty much ignored in your initial reply to me and the rest was geared toward Steam. Not really much to argue over here, it's lumped in with no-cd hacks therefor not really a viable discussion. On that note, mods and admins don't really delete posts, they typically lock them here. Since Carnage hasn't locked the thread he hasn't deemed that the post has crossed the line, but at the same time I don't think anybody will properly help because of what I've said previously. One thing I can say is, I'm pretty sure the latest version of the game is 1.8 or some sub-variation of it and you might find a better version of what you're looking for once Steam has updated the game for you.

Also another protip, learning how to use Cheat Engine effectively means you don't need to deal with other's shabby programing on trainers. They literally use Cheat Engine's backend (or variation of it) along with tables then slap a fancy gui to make a trainer. Never need to worry about game versions again. I know trainers are easy but when a slew of them don't work on a particular game it becomes cumbersome and tiring trying to find one that will.

Hey all; I'm back, and.....

This is one of those things that....well, if I didn't hear it myself first, I'd figure somebody was making it up, especially in today's day & age.

What do I mean by that? Well, I first started playing CD (then DVD) ROM games back in the mid-90's. Some years later (don't know an exact date) you'd start to see CD/ DVD ROM games coming with a serial key code to enter when you installed the game, as "proof" that you had a legitimate copy.

Then when CD/ DVD "burners" became available and you could make your own copies, retail stores had to crack down on returns because people could make a copy, return the original for their money back, and then still go home & play the game.....

And then digital downloads became the thing, with companies like Steam/ Valve. And I've already said I'm not a Steam fan.

Well, besides my original post mentioning about a game trainer not available for my version of the game (and yes, PP Mguire, I saw where you mentioned about learning how to use the program Cheat Engine), I was also experiencing freezes/ crashes with the game. And it's not my system.

I have a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Pro back from August, 2016. My system's hardware just doesn't meet the game's minimum requirements, but it has the recommended requirements, and then beats that by some.

But I've had freezes/ crashes, even one time where I could not Alt/ Tab out of the game, nor Ctrl-Alt-Delete, either; I ended up having to do a hard shutdown & reboot.

I wasn't even that far into the game. If you've played it, I was around the part where you go to let the president into a car by opening the door, but your prosthetic hand malfunctions, then someone comes up and shoots the president.....but it all turned out to be a training simulation and wasn't real. And I've already had multiple freezes/ crashes by this point.

So what am I referring to when I say that if I didn't hear it myself I figured somebody was making it up?

I logged into my Amazon.com account; you can contact them by chat, phone, or e-mail; I chose e-mail. I wanted to check on their return policy in regard to DVD ROM games. I said that since I purchased the DVD ROM version of the game and not purchased a digital download through them, that I was, uhhhhh.....dismayed that upon installation of the game, that I could not completely forgo the digital aspect of the install, and not just do it purely from the DVD discs. I said I was not interested in Steam, and would their return policy still allow for a return/ refund for this item. And.....

And yes, they said I could return it for a refund to be credited back to me. I was expecting the answer no; it's like I said above: "...in today's day & age". Who knew?!?!

Amazon does come off as being a very customer-centric company, eager to please.

But wow: I get to return this for a refund.

Who woulda thunk?!?! :lol:
Pez

Back
Top Bottom