Game Shut Down Problem!

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
hi all,
i purchased my son a new p.c for a house warming present.
AMD sempron 3100+
766 ram
80gb hdd
radeon 9550

he keeps getting random crashes on games he has been playing.
the game will play for a while then POW! It will pause for a couple of seconds then go to black screen. i played some music in the background while playing a game, it played for two seconds while the game went into the pause stage of the crash. then it stopped as the screen went black!
however this is only on the following games.
ZOO TYCOON
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY
THE SIMS.
it does not crash while playing COMPANY OF HEROES.
company of heroes is the highest spec game. it makes no sense why this would not crash and the others do.
any ideas will be greatfully recieved.
woz

hi, dont have a lot of experience with ati cards, but best bet wud be to make sure u have the latest drivers for that also things like the sound card etc. also see if the games have patches for them to stop errors such as this. is it only in certain games? the rest of the pc ok?

Yep as i said only certain games do it.
i changed the sound card on this first happening.
i don't know if getting the latest drivers will fix this problem.
i would have thought if the drivers needed updating the fault would have been in all games.
what do you think?

Well, not neccesarily, as different games use different code, and run a lot differently from each other, so i would try what Anubis1980 suggested, as there have been a few issues resolved from me updating my drivers.

Hope it helps,

Matt

yea definetly get the latest drivers for your videocard.

close background programs.

double check the graphics settings in the game itself.

get back to us after you try those things.

good luck

well its def worth a try! fixed a lot of problems with my games, they often release a readme with the updated drivers stating what has been fixed etc so you could also check that out, download them anyway and let us know

i booted back up after overheat and found the cpu to be at 41 degrees. that would have been about 15 seconds after shut down.
i will try the updated drivers tommorrow. i hope that is the solution.
where is the best place to download the drivers?
i hope to back around a bit more often nowadays.
cheers all.

pretty sure its ATI.com and make sure u have the latest directx installed. if its already installed, install it again to make sure its not corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom