game server?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
would it be possible to host a game server (like cs) on an ftp location? if so would i still have to have a computer on?

i thought about that before. You mean like using a web server or something. I don't think it's possible

I've always wanted my own Battlefield server, but I don't really know how or how much it would cost.

cabbspapp said:
I've always wanted my own Battlefield server, but I don't really know how or how much it would cost.

It costs quite a bit of money, you pratically need a dedicated server for Battlefield (2)

Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh well, not really a big deal anyways, and I would be too lazy to manage it anyways.

I used to host a server for Condition Zero at my house, it was just an extra computer I had, but once more than 10 people joined it lagged a lot because I only have Comcast.

Fiber > Most at this point in time...

(fiber = Verizon Fios)

bandwidth on a fiber optic cable is multiple magnatudes bigger than that of a coax

fiber i get 2mb up...
and like 5 or 6 down but thats only cause our service is 5 instead of 10 or 15

edit: i was thinking of hosting a CS server...but do I need 2 accounts do be able to play it on my good comp?

to be honest I dont know much about hosting game servers...

accounts?

so is there any way? i can't just drag the required files to an ftp spot and somehow get it to run?

Back
Top Bottom