game screen problem?

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
my son has a problem with his game play.
while using his computer, the screen on his 32" samsung tv/monitor shows the full extent of the image. however when he plays a game on it the outer edges of the screen are missing so that he canot use the icons what are at the top of the screen.
he has tried to change the resolution to no affect. the computer is a acer aspire idea running windows xp.
how can he reduce the size of the picture so that the whole image shows on the monitor?

anyway to post a pic? if you don't know how to: hit scrn capture or prt scr on the keyboard and paste that into paint and post it.i may be able to help but its a little confusing on what you are saying.

ok, i will try to explain the problem better.
while using the p.c, there are no issues with the display size.
once he plays a game on the p.c, the monitor which is a 32" samsung lcd, does not show the full extent of the image. all four edges are off screen. if any writing appears at the top of the screen it will not show up as it is out of the frame.
if he could somehow make the image slightly smaller he would be able to see all of the image.
on a old monitor i had you could do this by scrolling a wheel at the side of the monitor to stretch the image or shrink it.
however on this new lcd monitor i can not find anything in the settings menu to do the same job.

sorry to have troubled you guys, but i have cracked it.
i was using a hdmi cable to connect from the p.c to monitor.
i changed it to a vga cable and BINGO, all is well in the world.

When playing games, each game sets it's own resolution irregardless of what the OS or desktop is set to run at. You should be able to adjust the resolution settings in the game's video options.

thanks guys, but i have found out what the problem was.
HDMI cable from pc to monitor was the glitch. changed it to vga and Bingo all is well.

Back
Top Bottom