Game Launch Help

coder538

BSOD
I have a game called 2 Moons. Whenever I try to launch it, the application crashes. A window pops up and says:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: minilauncher.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 46ab14ce
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00042e7b
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 51dc
Additional Information 2: 9e8f4248c727f816951b61cd470d01f1
Additional Information 3: b463
Additional Information 4: e6a39d5ac0c09ec97505a59ca8ade9a7

What can I do to get it to work?

Are you using Windows Vista? If so, this is a common problem that people have that isn't necessarily tied to a specific program. I have heard Internet Explorer, MSN, and Steam causing a similar (if not exact) problem.

Right click on the program and choose properties, then the compatibility tab, put a check mark next to "run this program in comatibility mode for".

Then choose windows XP sp2 from the drop down list.

Click apply.

Right click on the program and choose properties, then the compatibility tab, put a check mark next to "run this program in comatibility mode for".

Then choose windows XP sp2 from the drop down list.

Click apply.

I did that and it still doesn't work...

And yes I am running Vista, what should I do?

id go to the game publishers website and look for any vista patches or anything troubleshooting related.
if that doesnt solve the problem maybe the game isnt compatible with vista.
have you actually played this game on this machine or is this the first time you have tried to play it?

Go to start>run and type SFC /Scannow. You will likely have to be the administrator to run it.

If that fails to solve the problem try this:

Go to start>run and type CMD. Once the command-prompt opens, type CHKDSK /r.

If it asks if you want to run the tool on the next reboot if the disk in use, select yes. Run it as many times as it takes until it reports that there are no errors.

Don't worry about it I found out the problem. The defult security settings were stopping the program. But I changed everything so it's okay.

Back
Top Bottom