Game.exe not running

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I am trying to play an MMO and when I start the client the Game.exe process starts in the task manager, but it does not run the game. It just hangs there. The game sits at a "loading" splash screen and won't move.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results. I don't know where to go next? Any ideas?

It's a private server of Tales of Pirates. It's working on all my friends computers. Tried it on several computers, didn't work on any of them. Similar specs, all 1Gb - 2Gb RAM, just on-board graphics. The game doesn't require any high end (or barely middle-of-the-road) components. It's XP. It was working before, didn't play for about a week or so, and now it won't work. I think perhaps it has to do more with an Internet Filter that's in place where I'm playing and less with the computer but I was looking for suggestion from someone in case it was something simple before I started messing with the filter stuff.

I fixed it. I started ending all the processes in task manager that I wasn't sure what they were for (or if I knew what they were for and didn't need it running). Turns out there were 2 services called FogTray.exe and Fogservice.exe that were preventing the game from starting. I ended those two services and the game popped right open and I was able to login.

Back
Top Bottom