Game/Event poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to get people more involved with each other around here.. I don't think it should matter that my clan is hosting it or his clan. I just want to invite people to come play from the forums with me.

I understand that. But the thing is this, we have no guidelines setup for this type of thing. Last thing we need is everybody posting up about this clan or that clan hosting a tourny and having real problems being passed over cause all people see is questions about tournies.

Most clans would have some sort of stipulation saying that it must be announced that they are hosting the tourney. As such that would fall under the advertising rule. I am not saying your clan is like this, but if we allow this it is something that has to be thought of. As of right now it is not something that we have any guidelines for and until we do and can figure out how to moderate it properly it isnt something we can just allow without any thought put into it.

I know how you feel mak. It'd be like everyone showing up for thanksgiving in the morning at "mom's" then disappearing all day to go fishing. I apologize in advance for jumping the gun and doing a test game scrimmage test and plz remove the entry as you see fit. ty. If you guys decide to use that calander for "events" I had to actually click on a day to see anything and get posting capabilities.

Alright let me clear the air about some concerns i have about this.

First is the fact that most clan servers have speciifc guildelines about code of conduct and rules about using hacks and such things. Now with that said there is no way to guarantee that everyone that attends will follow the rules and could result in the member posting the Event getting into trouble with the clan and it filtering back to T-F.

Next is the fact that such items will be seen by guests. So there is no way to even say that the person that did such actions were even a member of this site. All they would have to say is they say the posting by the member and saw it on T-F and that could result in action being taken against the member and his particpation in the clan.

These types of things, which cant be fully controlled could result in a mamber being booted from a clan for posting up about a tourney and someone seeing the posting and joining and causing trouble. Even if we make it known that this is a "Do at your own risk" type deal with the member knowing that the actions taken by the member is in no way a reflection of T-F or its members, it will still leave a bad feeling of the affect member if they get into trouble with their clan from the actions taken by someone who has seen the thread. Which could result in the members getting into further trouble here for having bad feelings toward one another for the actions taken in such a tourney.

Another one is that a member might think that they have a shot at joining the clan by participating and if that is not the case that could result in sour feelings as well. Even if it is known, if something happens in game where they were told they could join or whatever and it doesnt happen it could filter back to T-F.

These are all aspects that have to be thought of when thinking of such things. While the idea is great, there is much to consider into putting it into action. I have opened up a talk about this with the other Mods to see what the toughts are and if there is some way we can try to maintain a handle on this.

As of right now, it is not something that is allowed. That is NOT saying that it wont be allowed in the future, it is NOT saying that this idea is shot down. What i am saying is at this junction, it isnt allowed due to the fact there is no way to moderate such items. Until we can come up with a plan of action on how to keep the peace along with allowing such items it is something that we just cant allow out of the blue. I am trying to come up with a plan of action to try and consider every aspect along with keeping everything friendly.

Great idea IMO, but I do under Mak's concerns.

I hope we can get this setup sometime soon though, would be pretty cool. :D

It is under consideration. There are talks about this. At most we might just use the Calendar since it can not be viewed by Guests. It is open topic right now and as soon as a decision is made, we will come forth with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom