gah!! building comp problems

clandestinex337 said:
ok, i just did the "test" the jump start to see if the PSU is fried or not and it isnt. Where you stick a paper clip in the black and green wire holes and turn on the power in the back. If the fans power up then it isnt the PSU.

no i wouldnt go by that,

I would try a known working PSU that connects to your motherboard.

If you follow the guide to the word you will find your problem.

another suggestion for you to locate what hardware level this is on.

Have you pulled out the RAM and tried to boot the machine?

if so did you hear any beeps?

Have you pulled out the video card and tried to boot the machine?

if so did you hear any beeps?

I would also try the CPU and see if you hear anything?

can you try your CPU in another PC?

can you try your PSU in another PC?

I took out the RAM and their wasnt any beeps. and im guessing this is a bad sign. Cause i know that the motherboard SHOULD beep if their isnt any ram in the slots

clandestinex337 said:
I took out the RAM and their wasnt any beeps. and im guessing this is a bad sign. Cause i know that the motherboard SHOULD beep if their isnt any ram in the slots

your right,

I would say Mobo or PSU

Replace suspected bad with Known Good and your golden

I would be thinking along the lines of the CPU if your getting no beeps at all, then it sounds like it isnt even posting.

i just got theses instructions from DFI, im going to try them right now. It says to leave the CMOS jumper in the clear position for 30 minutes... Does that really matter?

Remove power from the system. Pull cord from wall if you must. Or from rear of power supply.

Remove the battery.

Move the CMOS jumper to clear postition (pin 2 and 3).

Move the speaker jumper to on position. Page 7 quick start manual. NOTE: some boards have speaker jumpered on all the time. See manual for your model board.

Make sure you have a wired keyboard plugged into the PS2 port. No USB in other words. USB to PS2 OK.

Leave the CMOS jumper at clear for at least 30 minutes. Most users are finding that staying at this step from 2 to 10 hours; is giving best results.

Put ONLY one ( 1 ) stick of memory in ORANGE slot furtherest from the cpu. NOTE: For NF4 Infinity series motherboard and NF3 Ultra-D board put the memory in the slot closest to the CPU.

Replace the battery.

Set the CMOS jumper back to normal (pin 1 and 2).

Press and hold down the "Insert" Key on the keyboard.

Apply power to power supply again WITH "Insert" key still pressed down.

Press the start/power on button on the rig. WITH the "Insert" key still pressed down.

When you hear the beep from the speaker. Release the "Insert" Key and quickly press the "Delete" key and enter the bios and load optimized defaults. Save and Exit bios and reboot to enter bios to make necessary adjustments

Yeah im not too sure on that either, best thing u can do is follow their instructions to the letter, then they cant say u havent done this, or that etc.

Back
Top Bottom