G.skill HZ Ram and P35 DS3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
so I wanted to do the correct timings ( since this mobo is getting the defaults wrong much like the Asus P5N-E did ). However the detailed timing list G.Skill gave me was specifically for the P5N-E. So when I e-mailed them asking them for P35 DS3R timings ( talking about those other specific timings not just the 4-4-4-12 everyone knows about ) they simply said this:

Hi

We only suggest setup the 4-4-4-12 and change the voltage to 2v. (+.2v)
Please leave rest on auto. Motherboard will pick up the right value.

This leaves me a little disturbed. What the heck is +.2v? Does that mean the default voltage is 1.8v? I really don't want to mess up my new shinny ram, and was wondering if I could trust this or does anyone have personal experience with this?

The +0.2v he was referring to, is RAM voltage setting. Since the standard is 1.8v.....1.8 + 0.2 = 2.0, which is the stock voltage for the HZs. And you should leave the other timings alone, unless you know what they do, or you know what you're doing.

The +0.2v he was referring to, is RAM voltage setting. Since the standard is 1.8v.....1.8 + 0.2 = 2.0, which is the stock voltage for the HZs. And you should leave the other timings alone, unless you know what they do, or you know what you're doing.

they provided all the other ram settings before for the p5n-e, shouldn't they be the same for all mobos?

That's ASUS. Maybe Gigabyte didn't feel like it. But I only play with the first four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom