FX-55 Running Stabley at 4.1GHz!!!!!!

prosser13

Daemon Poster
Yes, you heard me right! One of my mates managed to get an FX-55 through his dad's company, and for some reason it started at 3.2GHz or around there. He says this is because it is the company version direct from AMD, therefore they are more expensive but much faster.

With lots of fans and a couple of these special kit things, but without any water, dry ice, liquid nitrogen or anything like that he managed to get the FX up to 4.2GHz, but it wouldn't run. Couple of tweaks, and it was running stabley at 4.1GHz. I wish I had one!

Your mate is lying. That is impossible even with a mach2. I'd love to believe you but unless i see a cpu-z shot of it, i refuse tobelieve it.

i dont no, without water cooling or O'C cooling i'd say no, get a Cpu'z shot of it, just download it from google(well search for it there) then print screen. easy peasy lemon squazy

On air? I find that difficult to believe. It took AMD a long time to push 2.6GHz out of Clawhammer for a reason. There's just no way, especially without water cooling. The processor just can't do that. 3.2GHz is stretching it far beyond the limits. I would need the most solid proof to actually back that up. Just no.

what kind of mobo would you that it in to take it that high? also You need some crazy high PSU wattage to pull off that, Pics plz if you not BS'ing!

Back
Top Bottom