Fun math problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
Here's a fun math problem... to me

There is a sphere and i want to know how much it can hold. (volume)
If you looked at this sphere as a circle you could 4 of the SAME triangles in it. They would not cover the entire circle, but all of the points would touch the circle. Side c of every triangle is 25 cm. How much volume does the sphere have?

Yes this is solvable lol and yes i made it up.... Its not that hard if you know the formulas needed.

(4/3)(pi radius cubed)

welll thats the formula for a sphere... if i am interpreting the problem right would the radius = 25??? that would make it..

(4/3)(3.14x25^3)

= 36796 w/e ^2

I know im wrong coz that was too ez... but oh well

Around 119176? Probably way off, I'm not sure if I understand the problem right. And I'm much better if I have my graphing calculator, not this one on the computer.

Its been a while since i have done stuff like this as well.

first lets start on the triangles.. if you put 4 of them in that circle and all of the points touch the circle then you know the radius must be side A and B of the triangles. HOWEVER we only know side C, which is 25 units. A^2+B^2=C^2 correct? 25^2= 625. since we know that the triangles all touch the perfect circle, that means side A and B are the same. so we devide it by 2, and get 312.5
Now we find the square root of 312.5, which is 17.68 (rounded)

now try that lol

Proof:

17.68^2+17.68^2= 625.16 (since i rounded the 17.68 it is a little bit high but the answer is fine)

Wait, are you saying side A is 12.5, side B is 12.5, and side C is 25? Because that wouldn't be a triangle, that would just make a line.

a 3 sided figure... is a triangle 2 sides are 12.5 and the other is 25.

That would be wrong, im sorry let me edit my math in there lol.
However i dont see hwo that'd be a line... lol

PS
this is why i shouldn't do math when i wake up, and yes i woke up at 2pm

hahaha lol, when i saw the C i thought of pythag.. but it doesnt work with the 1 figure.. so i saw in my head as the 25 would be a line going from the middle to the edge... which would make it the radius.. lol, but oh well ! post some more!

Blitze105 said:
a 3 sided figure... is a triangle 2 sides are 12.5 and the other is 25.
That wouldn't make a triangle. For three lines to form a triangle, any two sides added together must be greater than the third side.

re read the thing before you yell at me...

it was 2 pm i just woke up and i was tired, i didn't have my coffee or a capichino (spellin sux but you know what it is) and i didn't have a shower yet so i was dead to the world

PS
i looked up "capichino" and the online dictionary says we have every english word in the world and we have no clue what your talking about...

It made me sad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom