FTP stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong-man

Baseband Member
i want to have my own FTP site.... i download the WS_FTP pro and Smart FTP.... but i've problem in finding the serial numbers.... so i asked my friend and he said that in Win XP, the FTP client program has already installed.... is that true... coz i haven't covert all resource inside winXP.....

so anyone have any suggestion to support me to use free FTP ??

thnx....

load up command prompt and type ftp. obviously being command led you will need to learn the commands, just type help, it'll tell you everything.

The software you talk of is just for transfering files, it is not an ftp server. if you want your own ftp site you will have to pay for space on an ftp server or install ftp server software on your computer - IIS comes with its own ftp server and is on your windows cd, assuming you have XP pro

yeah... my purpose is to have FTP for receieving file.... do i need the ftp server?? any totally pure free one?

the ftp from cmd.exe is working... but i don't know how to setup the connection....

so, what distinguishes the ftp like WS_FTP or Smart FTP with the ftp from windows...????

thnx

the other have a gui, windows command line is text. If you want to give files for others to use you have to have a server. If you only want to get files from others you need a client. WSFTP, Cute, SmartFTP are not free you will have to BUY them if you want to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom