ftp for IIS and bulletproof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
Can someone please help me setup a ftp server. I tried bulletproof ftp and I had problems setting up the main directory and I also did not know how to access the main directory or how to tell others how to get there. I also tried IIS and I could not allow anonymous people to login to my server (access by typing in my ip into the address bar). Are there any alternatives to these to methods are can you show me how to set it up correctly?

Tyler1989 said:
Can someone please help me setup a ftp server. I tried bulletproof ftp and I had problems setting up the main directory and I also did not know how to access the main directory or how to tell others how to get there. I also tried IIS and I could not allow anonymous people to login to my server (access by typing in my ip into the address bar). Are there any alternatives to these to methods are can you show me how to set it up correctly?

First of all I strongly recommend you disable anonymous access for security reasons, especially with IIS (if you have not patched IIS it is likely already hacked/infected by the many trojans that are available for it).

For any files you need to make publicly available you should put on the web even if it's on your own web server.

Bulletproof FTP should work ok, what issues were you having exactly?

All you should need to do is create a group, assign a home directory and certain permissions. Then add users to that group and they should be able to login to whatever you specified as the home directory.

I have it setup for anonymous acess and thats how I want it. But I am having a hard time assigning a directory and when it is made I don't know how they will access it through the web (by entering my IP?)

Tyler1989 said:
I have it setup for anonymous acess and thats how I want it. But I am having a hard time assigning a directory and when it is made I don't know how they will access it through the web (by entering my IP?)

Yes, the IP address should work fine.

Maybe this will help you with your virtual directory problem.

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2004/03/10/87262.aspx

I would recommend Bulletproof over IIS though.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom