Frustrated! What XP disk to get?

leahcim

Baseband Member
OK, my family PC is really in need of a complete format and reinstalled. Problem is I cannot do this because my friend that built the PC used an XP PRo disk 5 years ago, and I do not have that disk.

I want to do a clean wipe and then install everything from new. Also, I will be building a new PC next year and want an XP disk that I can install now, and then install it on my new PC next year.

Possible? I am only wanting the cheapest XP Home edition instead of PRO.

Thanks so much for the help, that is a great price. So if I format my PC (wipe it totally out), can I boot and start an install with this disk.

Also, once I am doen with my curent PC nect March, can I use the same disk to install on my new PC I build?

Thanks so much for the help, that is a great price. So if I format my PC (wipe it totally out), can I boot and start an install with this disk.

Also, once I am doen with my curent PC nect March, can I use the same disk to install on my new PC I build?

You can use the same disk, But you will need two license's. I do believe Newegg sells XP with multiple license's.

Yup, you set the BIOS to boot to CD, put the CD into the drive, reboot and off you go.

According to Microsoft's EULA, you may install the OS on another machine as long as it is completely removed from your previous machine.

Just a side note with the OEM, Microsoft only allows 3 installs with an OEM disc, after that you have to go through the trouble of calling them and explaining to them for a while why you are reinstalling their OS. I still suggest the OEM though because it is cheap and they will let you install it more than 3 times, its just a pain.

Back
Top Bottom