Frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_young86

Baseband Member
Now i know the first thing people are gonna say is "don't use frontpage" Well i am, so deal with it. I am building a site for the company I work for. We do rentals all over the state of CT. Moonbouncers and whatnot. I want to put in place an online ordering system. You can check out what I have so far, but it's not working. I want it to e-mail all the information to a specific e-mail address. I think it's a server issue, but try it out, and see what kind of errors you get. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

The web site is www.happydaysvending.com

the order page isn't linked, but the address is www.happydaysvending.com/beta.dwt

Thanks for any help

Not bad for a first time. I'll give you credit.

I'm going to assume that the server that's hosting it has PHP installed. In that case, I would create a simple PHP mail script. It's a bit more advanced then using FrontPage, but it's rather simple and a good place to start using PHP as well.

Here's a quick how to for a mail script: http://apptools.com/phptools/forms/forms1.php

You don't even need to worry about the second half of the page since it involves error checking and stuff.

you could also try creating your own public to private board system. That would create a database for you, save the middle man from inputing all of that client info into a database application. Just a thought.

frontpage is ok for beginners. But dreamweaver adds more facilities than frontpage.
So go for dreamweaver. But frontpage is not too bad also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom