From $300 YouTube video to $30M Hollywood contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'lllprobably find he has 1000's of dollars worth of equipment, but the actual cost to make that specific video was just $300. Kind of like how you don't include the production price of a car based on how much the factory cost to get built.. i think. Perhaps not the best example.

Glenskey. I think we have totally different views on films, on action films like this i really couldn't care less about the storyline - as long as it has some epic moments, good charachters and amazing action i really don't care how truthful it is to the novel or how good the plot is. Rather if they are there, i see them as nice additions.

I only enjoy story and that kind of thing on films such as No country for old men, and yes.. harry potter.

Oreo said:
I only enjoy story and that kind of thing on films such as No country for old men, and yes.. harry potter.
There's the difference in generations for you. Action is great, but if the film doesn't have a story or much of one I don't care to see it. A good story will carry a film, while MichaelBayism can only go until the audience becomes numb to the BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.

There's the difference in generations for you. Action is great, but if the film doesn't have a story or much of one I don't care to see it. A good story will carry a film, while MichaelBayism can only go until the audience becomes numb to the BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.

Not necessarily generation differences in all cases. I'd much rather see a movie with a good storyline than just pretty visuals to awe me for an hour and a half. Inglorious *******s for example (or any of Quentin Tarantino's movies for that matter) I like. Some of my friends on the other hand just wanted more action...

I have been watching a ton of Hitchcock movies lately, and they are taking the cake as far as any movies I have seen recently. Been watching lots of 1930-1970 movies, and they are full of story...once you get used to the pace of the older movies they really are great. The suspense ones are so much better than the crap they put out now. Anyone else watch classics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom