From $300 YouTube video to $30M Hollywood contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is brilliant. The guy deserves it, it's a fantastic video that is well well worthy of being made for the big screen in Holywood. It's the next War of the Worlds :D (Which was a great film.)

Yeh. But $300 would go alot further in Uruguay remember.

And he didn't really make it himself, there seemed to be about 10 people involved.

Still, fantastic effort and achievement.

It's the next War of the Worlds :D (Which was a great film.)

apart from the fact it wasn't written 80 years ago (roughly, i can't be bothered mathing today) and it doesn't have any real plot or storyline.

by the way, i think that the modern war of the worlds film was a horrible americanization of a classic sci-fi novel (so expect some bias from me if you compare the two.)

^I agree. But in all honesty I don't see where they get the $300 number from. I mean, I agree and can vouch that $300 USD goes further in Latin America, but software and electronics actually cost much more, and when it comes to using resources in this kind of field, I can guarantee you that it cost much much more than you could imagine. Basic labor is very cheap compared the states or other major economies, yes, but not this sort of thing.

I don't know, wouldn't software and electronics ALONE cost A TON more than $300? Maybe I read it wrong where someone said that it's a $300 video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom