Friggin' flickerin' monitor

nustylez

Beta member
Hey dudes!

I have a problem with my monitor. I have a cpu with is fairly old and i want to put on a monitor with is even older. When I put it on, the screen flickers, its mostly black, and I cant do anything.

you guys have any idea if i can do anything ???

Thanks,

peace,

NuSTyLeZ

Hmm open up the monitor and look inside it.

Look for a black box that has some nobs on it. twists those nobs while you computer is on and see if it will help.

Somtimes old monitors and tv's can get bumped out of alignment and all you have to do is tune it up a bit.

Sounds like it could be the resolution; set it as low as it will go on your original monitor; then swap over and see what happens

Or gently vacuum the dust off the back.

Be careful with monitors... Alot of wattage in those things.

Nemesis said:
He He i have never thought about opening my monitor, id rather not be fryed :D

Yeah, I bought this $25 monitor at a second hand store. The morons had bumped the thing out of alignment. I got it back to its former sharp factory focus, but the colors are messed so i never use it.

yea, i bought a 17 in flatscreen of ebay cheaply i had no probs with that cant imagine wat i would have done if it was faulty :D

I can never find a good deal on ebay. Ebay must be bigger in the UK than it is here.

Everyone is allways saying that they bought all their stuff off ebay.

Ye i used to until i bought i bought some faulty speakers- I dont buy anything anymore i stick to the shops now

Lol I bought some

"faulty"

speakers.

The metal grate for the sub was bent. I took it off, bent it back.. Good as new. Best thing in the world, apart from my girl :D

Back
Top Bottom