friends computer slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
she said her pc was slow so i asked her to right click my computer and tell me what her basic specs were, she said 2.66Ghz, not sure what model, and 248 of ram, now baring in mind she only uses her pc for msn and surfing the web, would the ram make it seem slow for that or is it just that shes got spyware etc? i think myself that it would take a while booting up but when its on it shouldnt really be slow at msn and surfing the web? she has a decent broadband speed

Just clear out all the temporary files, all the junk, de-frag you know the drill. Oh yea and the ram doesn't help much. See if she wants to buy a 2nd stick.

yeah thats what i thought, she doesnt know much about computers so i guess its all the junk built up etc.

Thanks

Download CCleaner - www.ccleaner.com
That will do everything for you.

Also, a "Celeron" 2.66 with 248MB of RAM (8MB from video), wont be very fast. My computer was like that stock, and it was very slow.

yea do some spyware/adware checks and see what is using up all the memory in task manager. www.ebuyer.com sells RAM at pretty low prices if she would like to consider upgrading that to make her PC abit faster.

talldude123 said:
Download CCleaner - www.ccleaner.com
That will do everything for you.

Also, a "Celeron" 2.66 with 248MB of RAM (8MB from video), wont be very fast. My computer was like that stock, and it was very slow.

who said it was a celeron? i said i didnt know because she didnt tell me!
And yeah i know it wouldnt be too hot with 248 ram but the way she was talking it was painfully slow.

And yes ill get her to download ccleaner and surgest that she buys at least another 256 ram, or 512 ideally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom