Fried mobo... any parts still good?

evilmonkey2k6

Solid State Member
Ok i tried to build a pc about 6 months ago i had a amd athlon xp 2600+, a msi mobo, ati raedeon 7500,256mb,and 40gb and so on i plugged in a pci card that wasent inserted properly which was an accident i thought i had it plugged in and i tried to power it on and no go :( and took it to a pc shop later on they said the mobos fried.... is there a possibliltiy some of the parts are good? thanks :cool:

yep it's definitely possible that the other parts are good. just try em out in a different computer. i seriously doubt they're all fried unless you purposely surged an electrical current through each piece of hardware.

Yeah, if the card wasn't properly inserted, you probably shorted the PCI bus on the motherboard, but that should be it. The motherboard is toast, but everything else, inc. the processor, should work fine.

well the cpu and ram might also be broken. I doubt that the vid card or any of the drives would be broken, but as kchi55 said the best thing to do is test the parts one by one with another computer.

Back
Top Bottom