Fresh Win 10 Installation Questions

My kids machines were clean installs without Microsoft accounts and they don't get bugged to create one. Just need to unplug your ethernet before the network screen and you're good.

My kids machines were clean installs without Microsoft accounts and they don't get bugged to create one. Just need to unplug your ethernet before the network screen and you're good.
I've done this too, but every once in a while, M$ asks me to create an account(on my grand kids pc), I can simply ignore this and after ....maybe a month or so... I get that option again. The grandkids are on user accounts and I have a separate admin account that is passworded, This pc is running 2004 with Windows 10 Pro. They have to ask G-Pa before they can install any apps

Last edited:
The only way I can see it not forcing an account sign in with ethernet plugged in is if the driver isn't natively installed by Windows. In 2004 that page asks you to sign in and if you click I don't have an account it takes you to the Microsoft account creation page. Unless I'm missing something here.

The only way I can see it not forcing an account sign in with ethernet plugged in is if the driver isn't natively installed by Windows. In 2004 that page asks you to sign in and if you click I don't have an account it takes you to the Microsoft account creation page. Unless I'm missing something here.
yup...I have seen that too, and you can not finish your install if you just try to close out the log in page, without creating an account. Creating an account is not necessarily a bad thing because you can use it to back up your license, and use ...ummmm.... something that backs up your data/sinks you data on line but I can't remember what it is called right now at this time....lemme get another beer and maybe that'll help...LOL

Last edited:
yup...I have seem that too, and you can not finish your install if you just try to close out the log in page, without creating an account. Creating an account is not necessarily a bad thing because you can use it to back up your license, and use ...ummmm.... something that backs up your data/sinks you data on line but I can't remember what it is called right now at this time....lemme get another beer and maybe that'll help...LOL
Just unplug ethernet and hit the reset button, when it comes back up you click I don't have internet to make an offline account.

Last edited:
@Damiper
No Windows 10 .iso has never been so small and no Windows 10 password recovery .iso has never been so large. So, still cannot understand what about Your talking. Current Windows 10 .iso is even large than 5GB and haved been more than 1.5 years, ie all three latest releases have been with similar size. Even all .esd's are larger than you said.
You are probably using some version of "deeply castrated" home crafts ie homebrew.

I just went thru this yesterday. Created a local account during install and then got to a page that says something like "Sign-in to your MS Account now to get the full Windows 10 experience" with buttons to sign-in or create account. However, in the lower left corner of that screen is a button labeled "Limited experience". I simply clicked on that button and continued on, no need to unplug Ethernet cable or jump thru any other hoops. That non-obvious button is what I meant yesterday when I said MS makes the navigation a little hard since it is against human nature to click on a button that will "limit" you.

Got "bugged" one time to create an account after installation and that was the first time I opened File Explorer. It came up with a message telling me that I needed an MS Account in order to use OneDrive and get 5GB of on-line storage. Dimply dismissed that message and wasn't bugged again.

Back
Top Bottom