Freezing with WOW

Nopeitsacrane

Baseband Member
hey guys, im making a computer for my friend and whenever i try installing WOW on it, it freezes up, so far this is the only time it freezes, i hooked a fan up to it because i thought it might be over heating because of a crappy case. still was freezing, the case has no fan on it and the power supply is directly over the cpu fan so it traps in hot air and doesnt let cool air in.i also took the fan off after it installed and if there was cooling gel, then its gone.
can you guys help me out?

the comp is sempron +2400, 756 Ram, nvidia 128mb ???? graphics card, crap case with no side :)

If you could detail the specs of this case more.. it would help.

Now, you should check for some other stuff.. such as... Updated drivers? Bios updated? Check the actual temps and see if maybe the GPU or CPU is over heated?

When you put the system together, did you make a clean installation of windows, or did you just toss a hard drive in there that already had an os?

well im not an expert on cases but its got a 350 watt PSU like ontop of the fan the temperature. the temp of the CPU was 50 degrees celcius and when i turned the fan on it dropped to 35degrees , im trying to reinstall the graphics drivers, and so far they arent installing good. ill run mem test to test and see if the ram is bad. when it freezes, everything just stops and there is no error screen, no restart just freeze. it was a clean installation, new windows xp home edition cd. i reformatted.
ill try updating bios and drivers

ok, next question: How are the voltages on that PSU? Are the rails stable or what? what video card is it we are talking about? A bad/crappy PSU that can't put out enough power can sometimes cause this..

Its a GeForce4 Ti 4200 agp 8x, the same as yours, and has a 350 watt pcu so that should be enough for it, but the video card could make the computer freeze? when i open the nvidia options from my taskbar it goes all cascrewy and the monitor blinks and it changes resolution, is that a problem?

you it freezes in installation. make sure their isnt a scrath in your CD because it would suck if you go through all this work to fuind out it was just a scrath on the CD

well i tried installing call of duty 2 as well and it wouldn't install either, it would get to about half way then the installation wouldnt go anywhere, it didnt freeze, it just stayed at one place for ever.
should i try reformatting? i tried to reinstall drivers, didnt do anything

Back
Top Bottom