FreeBSD with Windows 2000? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
Plz help. I just finished downloading and burning all of the FreeBSD disks (version 5.3) and i have a question. Before i get to the installing part, i want to know if Windows 2000 Professional would recognize it in the startup list. (the list that desplays choices of OS's to start from.) However, i was planning to install it on a different HD.

Will it work? :confused: :cool:

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Plz help. I just finished downloading and burning all of the FreeBSD disks (version 5.3) and i have a question. Before i get to the installing part, i want to know if Windows 2000 Professional would recognize it in the startup list. (the list that desplays choices of OS's to start from.) However, i was planning to install it on a different HD.

Will it work? :confused: :cool:

I recommend you use VMWare workstation. You can install it on Windows and you can install virtually any OS and it runs the same as it normally could. You can even reboot the virtual OS etc... format without affecting Windows 2000 running at the same time.

That is the safest way to play around with a new OS without risk of data loss or impact on your current setup. It doesn't even install a boot loader which is nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom