Free Submit Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIO

Solid State Member
I have been searching on ways to submit my website to different search engines.

My question is do these free submit websites really work or did I just sign up for a bunch of spam?

Is there a better solution. Maybe a cheap inexpensive way?

Regards.

I used lots of these submit-websites, and the only visitors I get find me with google.....it's basically just google

TheMajor said:
I used lots of these submit-websites, and the only visitors I get find me with google.....it's basically just google

Yes I do get allot of hits thru Google. But my main problem is how to grasp the art of creating a good keyword combo.

Do I add names, cars, my girl models, topics, movie names, etc...you know everything that my website is related to or remotely related to?

Then I was reading somewhere else that yahoo is the way to get a top ranking spot? That you actually have to write a pretty decriptive bio about what your website is about?

Or do they have people that actually know any tricks or just the simple know how on how to do this kind of work?

And my final question...my forum is pretty busy but these so called "crawl spiders" are they actually crawling my forum? Cause thats where 90% of my FYI info is located now.

I would use your main keywords and a few remotely-related also, but make sure at least your main keywords are also in your normal webpage-content

i don't know about yahoo

as far as i know the spiders only look for links and keyword relevancy. You can use a robots.txt file or put the "no-index" line in your meta-tags

Do I use the keywords that are shown in my awstats?

And you lost me on the robots.txt, the meta tag???

I am an extremely fast learner though.

whats "awstats"?

well. I don't use the robots.txt, and I would not worry about the spiders crawling your forums...let them so the forums can be found in google

lets see if I can post you an example of meta tags:

<meta name="title" content="Put a second title here">
<meta name="description" content="Nice website with forum, stuff, cars">
<meta name="keywords" content="forum, stuff, cars">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en">
<meta name="language" content="en">
<meta name="robots" content="INDEX,FOLLOW">
<meta name="author" content="TheMajor">
<meta name="copyright" content="TheMajorWebdesign">
<meta name="revisit-after" content="5 days">

place it between the <head> and </head> in yer website

http://www.teckademicseast.com/gio/awstatskeywords.jpg this is an example of a section in my awstats. Its a referencing program that gives me diferent types of information about my site, but with a very friendly and ergonomic interface.

Yea I haven't quite gotten that far where I am comfortable changing or adding code yet to my pages.

I have this fear of messing something up.

Is there a way to preview your changes before making them go into affect. Or is it one of those moves where you keep hitting refreash and see what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom