free, simple, adfree solution for a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdClayJisKOO

Baseband Member
i need to make a page simply as a re-direct page. I basically want it to have one line of text and a link. possibly a background image, and background music. (both which would be hosed from a differnt site. IE Photobucket, fileden.) i basically just need to do some simple html. i don't need fancy features or anything. but i don't want my page covered with advertisements. i want it to look professional.

are there any free webhosts online that dont put on advertisements (i doubt it, but i don't need a domain, so they could get advertising by my domain being www.myusername.theirsite.com, or whatever)

or should i try hosting it from my computer? I have an acer aspire 5102. amd turionx2. 1 gig ram. 120 hd. it is connected to the internet with via WiFi. transfering at 54 mbps, but it is not always connected, such as when i am not home. i have XP MCE. I don't know much about hosting through a home computer so i don't know if there is more specs you need.

if i have to i will host it from my computer, but i would much rather so it from a server, so if anyone knows of any, could you please let me know?

thank you :]

I don't think you can host a website on your computer. Not enough HD space. Also you would need a server.

If you need a domain, instead of a subdomain, you're gonna need to pay $ for it, unfortunately.

talldude123 said:
I don't think you can host a website on your computer. Not enough HD space. Also you would need a server.

If you need a domain, instead of a subdomain, you're gonna need to pay $ for it, unfortunately.

Anyone can host a website on their computer if they know what they are doing. 120 gigs is WAY more than enough space :) I run 6 websites off of 80 gigs and not even using 15 gigs for all 6 :) Just as an example.

It is very possible to host it with your specs.

thats what i thought. that link he posted has some good sites though so i will go through them and if none of them work i will do my best to try to figure out how i could host it

Oh, this will help you out. Use Apache server. It's the easiest way for a beginner to host websites and its very user friendly. www.apache.org Click on HTTP server on the top left side.

ok thanks a lot. ohh umm this is kinda off topic, but i've been having problems with some software on my system. i posted a thread anout this a while ago, but haven't gotten any help. i don't know how much you know if you can help me, but if you don't mind i could post my link to my other thread here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom