Fraternity Wireless Network, Please Help

jrmints

Baseband Member
Hello fellow tech forum goers,

Alrite quick question, well not really quick, but a question nonetheless. I am in a Fraternity and we are looking to upgrade our wireless internet. As of right now we have a dinky Linksys G network router that is covering our entire 4 floor house. We have a DSL connection running into that. Recently we have been having a lot of trouble with speed and reliability and therefore they gave me money to upgrade the router.

What I am looking for is some suggestions for good routers, preferrably a N network router, that is around 100 dollars or less. The router must be backward compatible with B and G networks, but I want the N so that we are ready for future upgrades. Another question is, would everyone need to upgrade their wireless recievers on their laptops and desktops to pick up the N network? My guess is yes, but just want to clarify. Also what would be some cheap N receivers I could pick up.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

How many users are going to be connecting wirelessly? Obviously the more people the slower its gonna be.

To receive wireless N your all gonna need to upgrade your receivers if they arent N compatable.

Maybe add some signal boosters at various spots in the house. Get the signal booster antennae for the router and then get the seperate signal replicator/booster devices.

Back
Top Bottom