Frankenstein The Book

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
I have to write an essay on this book.

The prompt is:

Frankenstein can be regarded as a cautionary tale for our modern technologoical society. Demonstrate, using examples from the book, the ways in which Frankenstein could be used to support an argument against current scientific innovations (such as cloning, genetic engineering, or DNA testing).

I have no idea what to do!

And it is due tomorrow.

I didn't really read the book, now I have to write this essay.

Any tips, help, pointers?

I took a class two quarters ago on French Revolution and we had to do an essay on the book by Mary Shelly's Frankenstein also. I was surprised to do well on it even though there wasn't a whole lot of analysis. There's a movie on this you can rent called Frankenstein. It's the one with Robert De Niro in it. It portray's the book ok, but there are differences. Still, it gives you the basis on what happened from the book.

Well, I guess next time make sure you read the book. :D

But since it's too late for that, as mentioned above, the movie "Frankenstein", starring Kenneth Bragnah (sp?) and Helena Bonham Carter, follows the book much closer than other movies. Also, try reading reviews of the book (do a Google or Amazon search). These won't guarantee you an "A" (only reading the book would do that) but they may help.

And if anyone asks, you don't know me. :D

Your teacher is refering to the Frankenstein complex. Where the creation turns on its creator or the creation gets out of control.
The things you brought up, cloning, genetic engineering, or DNA testing have a dark side as does many other tech advances of today. But they can be used to advance the human race as a whole. But in the wrong hands they could be disastrous.

Back
Top Bottom