Kbeck

Baseband Member
Im having a problem with my computer.
Here is my fps list....
Counter strike Source 200-300 fps
Cod Mod warfare 91 Fps
Crysis 2 60 fps steady
Bulletstorm 50 fps steady
Now here is where I have the problems....
Crysis 1, Lowest settings, No AA, 15 fps.
Cod Black ops, lowest settings, 15-25 fps.

Is it just me or is there a problem there. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do, please reply....

HP Pavilion a6700f
1.8 ghz, Quad core
4GB DDR2 500GB
5830 Sapphire Xtreme 1GB
530 PSU
NVIDIA nForce 430 Motherboard

Im having a problem with my computer.
Here is my fps list....
Counter strike Source 200-300 fps
Cod Mod warfare 91 Fps
Crysis 2 60 fps steady
Bulletstorm 50 fps steady
Now here is where I have the problems....
Crysis 1, Lowest settings, No AA, 15 fps.
Cod Black ops, lowest settings, 15-25 fps.

Is it just me or is there a problem there. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do, please reply....

HP Pavilion a6700f
1.8 ghz, Quad core
4GB DDR2 500GB
5830 Sapphire Xtreme 1GB
530 PSU
NVIDIA nForce 430 Motherboard

What exactly is the problem?

Crysis 1 is much more intense than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 was down-scaled for consoles, it's textures are half the size and many effects are dulled. It requires MUCH less cpu power.

However, I'm almost positive your low fps(If it's actually low in comparison to what it should be on those specs) is due to the fact that Crysis 1 and Black Ops have Physx enabled, which will screw your system because you have an ATI card. I don't think those games have options to turn it off either.
I had a similar system back when Crysis first came out. It was the same processor @ 2.3Ghz, 5Gb DDR2, 650Gb HDD and 600W PSU, 4870 1Gb. I had the same fps in Crysis and CoD:MW. However, even if those options were off, I don't think your system will run much better, those FPS seem more realistic for it.

Crysis 1 is much more intense than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 was down-scaled for consoles, it's textures are half the size and many effects are dulled. It requires MUCH less cpu power.

However, I'm almost positive your low fps(If it's actually low in comparison to what it should be on those specs) is due to the fact that Crysis 1 and Black Ops have Physx enabled, which will screw your system because you have an ATI card. I don't think those games have options to turn it off either.
I had a similar system back when Crysis first came out. It was the same processor @ 2.3Ghz, 5Gb DDR2, 650Gb HDD and 600W PSU, 4870 1Gb. I had the same fps in Crysis and CoD:MW. However, even if those options were off, I don't think your system will run much better, those FPS seem more realistic for it.

I'm pretty sure your wrong in saying that its because of an ATI card.
I know Kbeck personally, he came over to my house a while back and we compared games side by side.
His graphics card is a 5830, mines a 5770. (his is better) Both cards have the ATI chip though. Both cards have almost identical frames.
Also, we both have quad cores, both amd, BUT! his is 1.8 ghz with no L3 cache at all, only 2mb of L2. Mine is the 955 black edition @ 3.2 ghz, 8mb of cache (mines better).
I can run crysis perfect on everything set to high. On very high i have to change up some things to get 35+ frames wich is normal for my card. Everything at 1080p

So i'm thinking that his cpu is "bottlenecking" his graphics card, which would make perfect since.
If he were to get the same cpu as me, overall his system would be better than mine in performace.

Hope that helps Kbeck!

[...]However, I'm almost positive your low fps(If it's actually low in comparison to what it should be on those specs) is due to the fact that Crysis 1 and Black Ops have Physx enabled, which will screw your system because you have an ATI card. [...]

Huh, I would have never known. I've been getting high frame rates with my old ATI 4770 card running Crysis. I guess my system is a fluke?

[Edit] Looks like I get around 60 to 80 FPS in Crysis with my old ATI card. I used the r_displayinfo 1 command at the Crysis console.

Huh, I would have never known. I've been getting high frame rates with my old ATI 4770 card running Crysis. I guess my system is a fluke?

[Edit] Looks like I get around 60 to 80 FPS in Crysis with my old ATI card. I used the r_displayinfo 1 command at the Crysis console.

What settings do you run crysis on?

I know a lot of people dont run 1080p, but whats like 1 step down from that for resolution?

Crysis was played on the lowest resolution.

Crysis was played on the lowest Res.

I know a lot of people dont run 1080p, but whats like 1 step down from that for resolution?
When it comes to physx the resolution doesn't matter. However on that card, I'd imagine he's running less that 1600x1080 to get those fps.

Chipeater: Edit: I guess it is possible to disable it, it's probably his cpu as stated. Although I wouldn't count on anything else besides his graphics card.

I'm pretty sure your wrong in saying that its because of an ATI card.
I know Kbeck personally, he came over to my house a while back and we compared games side by side.
His graphics card is a 5830, mines a 5770. (his is better) Both cards have the ATI chip though. Both cards have almost identical frames.
Also, we both have quad cores, both amd, BUT! his is 1.8 ghz with no L3 cache at all, only 2mb of L2. Mine is the 955 black edition @ 3.2 ghz, 8mb of cache (mines better).
I can run crysis perfect on everything set to high. On very high i have to change up some things to get 35+ frames wich is normal for my card. Everything at 1080p

So i'm thinking that his cpu is "bottlenecking" his graphics card, which would make perfect since.
If he were to get the same cpu as me, overall his system would be better than mine in performace.

Hope that helps Kbeck!

Yeah, that's probably it now that I think about it, original Phenoms are horrible bottlenecks. I sure hope the new phenoms are better.

All graphical settings on HIGH at 1680 x 1050 resolution.

[...]Yeah, that's probably it now that I think about it, original Phenoms are horrible bottlenecks. I sure hope the new phenoms are better.

Ironically, I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3GHz.

Back
Top Bottom