Forum Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry_W

In Runtime
So....I was just working on a thread. Took me close to 20 minutes to write everything. I click "Send." And then I get a message saying "too many images included, blah blah blah. Go back and correct this." Except....I can't. When I go back, the thread creator is blank. The only link I can find is that IE (yes, I use IE. Don't ask) has to resend the information when click Refresh. If I could dig out that information, I could at least know how to do it in the future. Any ideas?

I have the window open. And I know I should post this in Forum Suggestions, but it doesn't get much traffic. Sorry.

Gerry

20 minutes to create with a picture warning?

Sounds like a painfully long thread to read...

How about you give us the short version instead?

bradybnmci said:
20 minutes to create with a picture warning?

Sounds like a painfully long thread to read...

How about you give us the short version instead?

Oh, it's not that. It has to do with extracting addresses from websites you can't access due to spyware/malware problems. It would just be a pain in the butt to do it again. I must've just put a couple smilies too many in it, along with the image I attached. :p

Not sure why that happened to you... However the longer we take to troubleshoot a secondary issue, why don't you just redo the post so we can start working on your initial problem.

bradybnmci said:
Not sure why that happened to you... However the longer we take to troubleshoot a secondary issue, why don't you just redo the post so we can start working on your initial problem.

Sounds good. Thanks. Maybe I was getting a little lazy. ;)

I think there is an eight image limit in posts.

You may want to type your important posts in a word processor, then copy and paste it into the reply box. That helps you protect your work, plus you can proof-read/spellcheck it.

Of course, you could just use Firefox... you can back up and your stuff is still there. Plus, 2.0b1 has a built-in spellchecker. Check my thread in Browsers about how to get extensions to work in FF 2.0b1.

If I'm writing a long post, when I finish it I copy the text, refresh the page and the put it back. Sometimes I have to sign in again.

Trotter said:
I think there is an eight image limit in posts.

You may want to type your important posts in a word processor, then copy and paste it into the reply box. That helps you protect your work, plus you can proof-read/spellcheck it.

Of course, you could just use Firefox... you can back up and your stuff is still there. Plus, 2.0b1 has a built-in spellchecker. Check my thread in Browsers about how to get extensions to work in FF 2.0b1.

Thanks. I was not aware of the image limit.
I'm a Firefox person, too. I've just been having a little trouble lately with viruses and installations and such (not from Firefox, but from not having an AV program installed). I just need to wipe my hard drive. That way, I'll actually be able to install PC-Cillin without setup errors:p.

reggie_da_man said:
If I'm writing a long post, when I finish it I copy the text, refresh the page and the put it back. Sometimes I have to sign in again.

Can't argue with that. If you have 2,000+ posts, I'll take your advice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom