Format help

biferi

Daemon Poster
If I am going to use a Hard Drive just to store things like Music Photos Graphics and Movies then when I format the Drive would I make the Cluster Size as big as it can be???

And if I am going to be useing a Hard Drive to Load an Operating System on and Installing Programs I would then make the Cluster Size as small as it can be???

Or how does this work???

Just make sure you have a decent speed hard drive like a 7200RPM. Changing the cluster size really wont help much.

If you have one hard drive for documents and one for your OS, just format it like usual.

If you want to have one section for your OS and one for your documents, you'll have to partition off a section of the drive. Depending on the size of your drive and what OS you're using, make a partition somewhere around 50-60 GB for the OS, and then use the rest for your documents.

I think that's what you're asking...

Thanks for help

But if I am useing a Second Hard Drive to Store Video Files and Audio Files should I nt just format them with the Largest Cluster Size??

Thanks for help

But if I am useing a Second Hard Drive to Store Video Files and Audio Files should I nt just format them with the Largest Cluster Size??

What operating system and what format? Vista and NTFS?

Back
Top Bottom