Foreign Languages and IT field

zeitgeist29

Beta member
So recently I decided to pursue my CCENT cert and I just started studying (I have no experience but I know my way around a computer more than the average person and a quick learner.) I have a BS in psychology and have worked in insurance the last couple years. My brother is a network analyst or something like that and seeing how much he makes kinda motivated me to start working on my certs; I also know that the IT field will be full of jobs and the world of technology is only going to get bigger. I've done my research and I eventually would like to get a CCNP security certification and perhaps CCIE one day. I've always been interested in getting a PhD and I see the CCIE as a similar feat. I was planning on going to medical school but money became an issue so I just focused on working. Becoming a network security engineer seems like a fascinating job and something that I would be good at and enjoy plus the pay is in the range of what I'd like to make. I'm also interested in learning Arabic seeing the state of the world it would come in handy for this sort of position in some way. My question is if learning Arabic would be beneficial to do cyber ops and security engineering for the government? I know the DoD has approved CCNA Security certifications and you need a security clearance and what not, but would knowing Arabic be of any use to obtain the sort of position that I am looking to get one day in the distant future? It seems like it would be beneficial in some way but I couldn't find much information searching about it online. I do realize that I have some very lofty goals, but if I shoot for the stars and land on the moon I'll be ok with that. I would also perhaps like to get my Masters in Cyber Security or something related, but that's an issue I'll handle once i get closer to where I would like to be.

Back
Top Bottom