For our school, this is great. Kudos to people who put thins on shared drives

Did anyone in the district use any computers from HP's Kayak workstation line? I have both the Vectra and Kayak sitting next to me right now.

HP Vectra VL400 DT 933 MHz
512 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional and Ubuntu

HP Kayak XA 6/450 MHz
448 MB RAM
Windows 2000 Professional

Always been a huge fan of HP's computer.

Did anyone in the district use any computers from HP's Kayak workstation line? I have both the Vectra and Kayak sitting next to me right now.

HP Vectra VL400 DT 933 MHz
512 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional and Ubuntu

HP Kayak XA 6/450 MHz
448 MB RAM
Windows 2000 Professional

Always been a huge fan of HP's computer.

Nah, but we used Brios with Vectra. Here's a quick list of models from what I recall:

Vectra VL5
Vectra VL6
Vectra VE6
Vectra VEi8
Brio 210
Brio 410
VL400
VL420
Dell Dimension 4500
OmniTech Something
MPC ClientPro 360
Dell OptiPlex GX520

Oldest Computers on Top

We usually replaced the oldest computers first, so if we were replacing the VL5's, you'd get an idea of how our computer infrastructure was laid out. I implemented the first Windows Server 2003 server in the school district in 2005. Everything else was still running NT 4.0 Server or Windows 2000 Server when I left. Only Win2K3 servers were the DHCP servers for each school. (Each school was on a different subnet after we did a major upgrade on the networks, bringing them up to 100mbps in 2005) I could have filled a swimming pool with little 8-port 10mbps hubs from the old infrastructure. AHHH, the good ol' days.

We were just starting to phase these out when I left the school district in 2006. HP Vectra VL5, P1 166 MHz, Maxxed out at 96 MB RAM, 1.6 GB Hard drive, and we tried to run them with Win2000. Just couldn't pull it off. :rolleyes:

13.1.GIF

lol at our high school they used onc of them with 64mb ram to control the cnc machine it was all the power they needed and the cnc machine had drivers for either win 95 they did later get hold of some 98 ones but they kept on with the trusty old hp vectra

We were just starting to phase these out when I left the school district in 2006. HP Vectra VL5, P1 166 MHz, Maxxed out at 96 MB RAM, 1.6 GB Hard drive, and we tried to run them with Win2000. Just couldn't pull it off. :rolleyes:

13.1.GIF

LMAO thats EPIC>....

One thing I liked about the Vectra line (and this will sound so silly) was the fact that the case had a lock that took a key. Thankfully they were all keyed alike. While you're laughing that I like the computer because the case locks, consider this... high school students... like to modify settings and get past our security (I already see from this forum that CF could hold a school security hacking Olympics :rolleyes: ), so we started putting passwords on the BIOS, and everybody knew that you could take that battery out and clear the password, so we started locking the computer cases with the cam lock and all the techs (including myself) carried a copy of the key with their district keys. I had a nice fat keyring when I worked there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-D3697B-Vectr...m14&_trkparms=72:570|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

This is the Desktop version of the VL5 that we were phasing out. It's the same except when our school district procured them in 1998, we paid extra for that fancy 4X CDROM option. LOL

In other words, you love to make people's life harder? Way to go buddy. Great use of school resources.

I'm glad my tax dollars aren't going to people like you.

It's just fun :D

Plus us teenagers love pissing off teachers.

It's just stupid. I wouldn't do somthing to a teacher/it department for the sake of it... If there was a reason, then fair enough. But pointless things like what you mentioned where... pointless!

If I were your teacher. You would hate me. I would take you off the network. Make sure you never touched a computer again. Think about the students that are there to actually learn? And when they need a computer, you've messed it up and it cant be used. Now what will they do? Some families may not have a computer and when you are messing with them, they have nothing to use.

When i was a tech in HS. Many people got removed for this very reason. I would not put up with students ruining things for other students.

Were starting to piss off our comm tech teacher, all of us had blitz 99 on right when class started...lol it soo funny to see him get maddd...

Back
Top Bottom