Folding

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
I wanna try folding because my comps on alot.
I've installed it. Ran it.
It gives me some info
e.g. 2/2000
timing estimated

Can someone explain what 2/2000 is? Also how long does it take till the folding site updates. What are points? How do I even know if I am just folding or is it also sending info to the folding site. What are WU's?

It takes me 30 mins to complete one cycle of the pie. But when I restart is jumps from 1/2000 too 14/2000...

Thanks for reading. Some of you might tell me to read the site, but I want a general explanation from the user.

World community grid FTW!! Seriously its a lot better than fold@home.

2000 is what it will take to complete the work unit (WU).

Right now I am at 61%, 3050 of 5000.

The Folding sight updates about three times a day , or so.

Points are what each WU is worth. Think of it as a score.

When a WU is complete, the program will send it back to the Folding site and retrieve the next WU.

I use the Yahoo Widget Engine, with the Folding_at_Home Monitor as one of my widgets. It shows me a meter that displays how far along I am on my current WU, as well as a ticker that tells me about the WU (including how many points it will be worth).

Trotter answered most of your questions so Im not going to bother to repeat them lol.

But anyway when your computer completes "one cycle of the pie" It's completeing frames. The work unit you are folding now has 2000 frames so when you reach 2000/2000 you will have the work completed. Most of the time your computer does more than one frame in that half hour cycle, that could be why you jumped form 1/2000 to 14/2000.

is half an hour for one frame slow?
also, how long does it take for you guys to complete one WU?

It all depends on the size of the WU, they vary, Typically it takes me a day to complete one, typically 4000 to 5000 frames.

A half hour isn't bad, thats what I was folding at with my Pentium D. Then I upgraded to the E6600 and I typically do 1% (im using the console) in 16-18 mins.

ok, i want to clarify
im getting half-an-hour frames from my p3 600mhz off 256mb pc100. wu ends in 82days, is this even worth it?
i get 33s frames from the rig below, wu ends in 1 day

on your sig, it says you earned 412 points, is that from one WU?

No im running 2 console clients, I finished two 4000 WU's today worth 206 points each.

You'll have that WU done before 82days. I leave my pc on 24/7 for folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom