Folding question

Status
Not open for further replies.
a while ago i got F@H downloaded, installed, and running, and every time it would almost complete, something would happen to the pc and id loose it all, so i never seen it complete.

well, currently im running my pc oc'd @ 2.6GHZ, 2.0 stock, fsb = 260, with ram running at 216 (ddr 432) with upped voltage .1v on cpu. temps are still looking good, and its running extremely stable, im very satisfied with my overclock. now the only reason i overclocked was for F@H, and was just wondering, does anybody here have a similar setup to what i have (and fold with it), if so, how long does it take to complete a WU? average time, no record breaking stuff, just what i could expect.

because right now it says

WU End:
05:49 Sun 5 Aug 07
83d:07h:46m:40s

and that seems like a little long, is that right, or is it just calculating how long it will take currently? im just a little confused, as it also says that my next frame will end in like 14minutes, and i have 0/4000 frames completed (just installed), and right below that it says timing estimated.

help?

I fold with my rig, which is similar... 3200+ @ 2.4, 2 gig RAM. it takes about a day per WU for an average sized one.

Your using the GUI version right?

Leave the program running for a while, in about an hour your time to complete should drop down to a more reasonable time. That used to happen to me, except mine was always 120+, then within the hour it would drop down to 1day or so..

I would highly suggest using the CONSOLE client over the GUI client... I have used both, and prefer the console.

I am mid-WU. Would uninstalling my current client and installing the console screw that?

whewww i was going to say, i was in the same situation with it saying 120 days... good to know that it will go faster

im new here and this is already the most helpful site ever, any question i have is quickly answered you guys are great! hopefully ill be able to help you guys out as well. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom