Folding@Home

Did I get screwed on this 40 dollar deal?

• Screwed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not screwed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOLD FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!! (i don't mean the [H]orde, i mean the TF Horde)

HE|_L_HOUND seems to be moving up the list. he is the friend i mentioned above. i think i have 2 others folding as well :). dig in guys, it's not as if it detracts from your computing. it uses what you're not and goes to a good cause. it should be easier to recruit members from here than outside TF

edit: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=12864

yeah, HE|_L_HOUND is doing alright seeing as he's made our most productive list.

i've been thinking for a while (it would be great if others could try too :D) that i'm going to try and get my old primary school and high school to allow the computers to contribute. in my high school there would have to be say about 150 pcs, with the minimum being about P4 1.6GHz and that offers some quite significant crunching power. negotiate with the IT administrators to have the console version run as a service for team 12864 (doesn't matter if it has a user name) and find out if it can be given access past any firewall if necessary to automatically send and receive work. if not sooner a later a student will enter their username and password to access the internet and it can send then. just think about it......150+ computers running at least 6-8 hours a day :D. get offices on board, heck drop on by a retail store and sneak in with a flash drive and set up their computers (if no net you could always copy finished work back onto the flash drive and send from home :p). FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!

besides... aside from all that... I NEED THE COMPETITION!!! :D

you you should fold for a good cause... :) I can't do it at my work, but I am trying to get my friends to do it as well (under my name of course :p)

Just have to get myself a router and some more ram then i'll have a little folding team,Right now i have my p3-733 running 24/7 but i have to hook the internet up every time i need to upload a WU,When i can i try to let it run all night on my 3000+ but the ol lady b!@#$'s so i have to turn it off most of the time cause it's pretty loud,Also trying to get my old sempron going then that will be running 24/7 as well :D

nitestick said:

i've been thinking for a while (it would be great if others could try too :D) that i'm going to try and get my old primary school and high school to allow the computers to contribute. in my high school there would have to be say about 150 pcs, with the minimum being about P4 1.6GHz and that offers some quite significant crunching power. negotiate with the IT administrators to have the console version run as a service for team 12864 (doesn't matter if it has a user name) and find out if it can be given access past any firewall if necessary to automatically send and receive work. if not sooner a later a student will enter their username and password to access the internet and it can send then. just think about it......150+ computers running at least 6-8 hours a day :D. get offices on board, heck drop on by a retail store and sneak in with a flash drive and set up their computers (if no net you could always copy finished work back onto the flash drive and send from home :p). FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!

***bum finishes reading and hops in his car heading for the police station :eek: :wooha: :dead: ................. with his flash drive;) .

I'm now folding for team TF. Now that my PC is stable and can run 24/7, I'll just leave it going. I'm adding to my network too... building a little group of older hardware just for folding.

ok another bump for this thread. i have some news. i've set up a milestone club for those of you who actually bother to fold. check out this thread http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133814

i think i've added everyone to the list but i can't be certain. if you fold check out the thread and you may be able to pick up a userbar. no cheating or my buddy good ol' Trotter will remove your sig if you take a userbar you haven't earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom