Folder's name font blue color

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
Some times when I browse the partition C I found font of some folders are blue, how can we change the color for the font ?

I am using windows XP SP2

Blue means that it is compressed. Uncompress the folder and the color will return to black.

You can also change the folder options (Tools menu) to make it so that all folders have black writing.

You can also change the folder options (Tools menu) to make it so that all folders have black writing.
Could you please explain more, because I found four tabs:

General and View and File Types and offline files, what should I click ?

Sorry,

Do this:

Tools>Folder Options>View>Show encrypted or compress NTFS files in color.

Tools>Folder Options>View>Show encrypted or compress NTFS files in color.
That means there is no option allows you to choose the color for any folder's font , the color is already has been choosen by system ?

On open desktop, right click.
Properties -> appearance -> advanced Go to the "message box" and look at the color for it. I believe that is what controls the file name colors, if not tamper with a few of them. You may re set the settings by re choosing your "xp style."
That my be the cause
-blitze

PS
that is only if you are saying all of the files.. im not sure though lol sorry you prolly only meant the ones that are usually hidden..

Due to some problem to my laptop, I replaced windows XP with windows 2000 server (i.e. I deleted XP).

Is the facility of the changing the color for the font (i.e. name of the folder) available in win2000 server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom