folder options - show hidden files check box has dissapeared! HELP!

whitelegend

Beta member
i have reason to believe that someone has been on my computer and somehow removed the folder options button from the 'tools' drop down menu, i managed to get this back by editing the registry findong that the show folder options reg key had been disabled at the value of 0, no one who has access to my computer knows how to do this, so i think it must have been done through software or a windows program that i do not know about, i have explored all the administrative tools in control panel to see if i could find anything but i couldnt. even though i have resolved the problem of not being able to see the folder options in the tools menu, i have now noticed the problem of not being able to see a fourth tab when im in folder options, and the show hidden files and show hidden file extension check boxes have dissapeared under the 'view' tab! does anyone know how this could have been done and howe i can get my computer back to normal! many thanks.

run a adware and spyware scanner on your computer. it could be a piece of malware. If no one who uses your computer there is no way of this being done. but why would a piece of software disable the hide folder option?

Back
Top Bottom