FoFiX

Yes, the one you use for the '360 PC controller'

Does it work for guitar controllers?

I have a big pile of broken cheap guitar controllers that I am sick of adding to.

I have the receiver, but I don't have a 360 guitar, so I can't try. I assume that you can use the 360 wireless guitar with an 360 wireless receiver ($20 last time I checked for new).

What you need:
1. Xbox 360 Guitar Hero III wireless Les Paul or Aerosmith controller
2. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming PC Receiver USB Adapter

It's actually pretty easy.
1. Obtain the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming PC Receiver USB Adapter. Plug it in to your PC. Initially the usb adapter will not light up. Use either the drivers and software bundled with your adapter or allow windows update to discover and install the driver. Once the driversa are found the green LED light on the device will light up.
a. The software that comes bundled with the USB adapter gives an extra non-intrusive indicator of which
controllers are plugged in and the battery life of each controller. Windows update will only provide drivers.
2. Here's the tricky part. Once your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming PC Receiver USB Adapter is found and turns on go ahead and sync your Xbox 360 Guitar Hero III wireless Les Paul or Aerosmith controller. If this is a fresh setup the guitar has a tendancy to not be found.
a. Use the sync button located at the bottom of the guitar. It's a small recessed button with a dot and three
curved lines. Press that and the sync button on your Wireless Gaming PC Receiver USB Adapter. That
should sync the two.
b. If the two will still not sync and the controller's status button is still going around in circles I found that
restarting your system and following step a works.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero...trollers-for-PC-GH_W0QQugidZ10000000009271497

Back
Top Bottom