Focus on A+ or MOUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcguy18

Beta member
Hello,

For a while now I wanted to get A+ certifed but I cant take the test yet. Certain free "programs" want me to join them and take MOUS which I'm assuming not be usefull to me overall on top of the fact these programs would take a min of 20 week to do .

Though I know thats too long and stalling for head counts for $$$. So Im asking should I focus on studying my A+ untill I get the money to take the test or take the MOUS just bexause it available?

A+ isn't what it used to be but can be useful in the it industry at times i would go for a+.

i think A+ will get your foot in the door to a lot of places. Entry-lvl positions that is. Look at some job postings, when i was looking last year, A+ was required for a lot of jobs.

Hello,
I've had A+ for several years and it did help me get my job. I have since gotten some more advanced certifications to improve my skills. I really recommended not stopping at A+, it is a good starter but employers like when you have it with job experience.

the more certs you get the better, i have my a+ and my ms word, and although its not a great paying job i work at my school doing IT with great ppl and i have access to every thing, trust is a big issue here, but really if you can get more than one cert...do it.

A+ is a MUST!!!

It's the backbone for everything else. Once you get, you can branch out and proceed to any field that you want.

study, good luck

I have to agree with these guys. The first cert I got was my A+, and it helped me land some contract work and gain experience and now I have a few others certs to go with it. I just became an MCSA today! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom