Floppy problem

lhuser

Golden Master
I'm having a huge problem with my first rig.

My floppy drive is acting wird. Everytime it reads something...it just freeses and works uner a constant noise

I know that once before, it happened the same thing and in result, it was my mobo being defective

Mobo: ASRock P4S61

I found a delightful program that recovers all surface error on a HDD, but since my floppy drive don't work, I can't do it

Oh and...do't ask me if I tested another floppy drive, because it did the same thing

what's wrong now?:mad:

Try it in safe mode? Whenever I have a problem, 99% of the time I instantly boot into safe mode and re-evaluate things. My guess is something with the promary, or slave unites and the motherboard.

Well, I'll chek today with a computer shop...probably the mobo's defective...AGAIN:mad:

i hate SIS

does the floppy drive light stay on all the time? if it does the floppy ide cable is plugged in backwards

i would check for driver updates that might help the freezing problem but prolly not the noise...

No, the light stays off, exept when it "reads" it. It just do nothing...but I found the problem. The progrm that tried to copy the files to my floppy diskette just completely corrupted the floppy drive in Windows

Ah, that would do it :p Does the Floppy Drive still work or will you have to replace it?

I'd get a flashdrive and put it there instead, haven't used a Floppy Drive in years.

It did work...after shutting down the comp

As for a flash drive, I'm looking at one that is 128MB for $40

Back
Top Bottom