Floppy problem

lhuser

Golden Master
I'm having a huge problem with my first rig.

My floppy drive is acting wird. Everytime it reads something...it just freeses and works uner a constant noise

I know that once before, it happened the same thing and in result, it was my mobo being defective

Mobo: ASRock P4S61

I found a delightful program that recovers all surface error on a HDD, but since my floppy drive don't work, I can't do it

Oh and...do't ask me if I tested another floppy drive, because it did the same thing

what's wrong now?:mad:

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Try it in safe mode? Whenever I have a problem, 99% of the time I instantly boot into safe mode and re-evaluate things. My guess is something with the promary, or slave unites and the motherboard.

lhuser

Golden Master
Well, I'll chek today with a computer shop...probably the mobo's defective...AGAIN:mad:

i hate SIS

zoomtm

Daemon Poster
does the floppy drive light stay on all the time? if it does the floppy ide cable is plugged in backwards

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
i would check for driver updates that might help the freezing problem but prolly not the noise...

lhuser

Golden Master
No, the light stays off, exept when it "reads" it. It just do nothing...but I found the problem. The progrm that tried to copy the files to my floppy diskette just completely corrupted the floppy drive in Windows

Ah, that would do it :p Does the Floppy Drive still work or will you have to replace it?

I'd get a flashdrive and put it there instead, haven't used a Floppy Drive in years.

lhuser

Golden Master
It did work...after shutting down the comp

As for a flash drive, I'm looking at one that is 128MB for $40