Floppy in Floppy out?

Slaughter

In Runtime
I have one floppy drive in my closet that I keep for backup and the occasional raid driver installs. Not 1 of my 9 computers has a floppy drive in it. :p

ardy891

Daemon Poster
i'm gonna keep mine for a little longer!! just for school work (coz we cant use usb keys on computers!!) then its going in the bin!! lol

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
why take it out, what erlse can you stick in its place? I'd rather just keep mine in incase of emergency

The_Necromancer1

Daemon Poster
I had the same conversation about 2 years ago when ZIp drive came out, THE FLOPPY KILLER, however no matter how hard you try you will never -in the near future mind you -be able to replace the floppy for bios saving, f-disking, and windows installing,

*note: on a side note when I Installed my Windows XP MY help disk was "VILLAGE IDIOT's Guide to Installing Windows :confused: :mad: :( :eek: "

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
LOL, I still have about 20 floppy drives(3.5 and 5.25 ;P) I also have an 8 in 1(card reader and floppy) for my laptop.

I don't care for floppies that much, and rarely use them anymore, but I still use them from time to time...

DarkBlade1

BSOD
I use them still, handy for storage of Word docs and BIOS backup, etc. Also, boot disks for Windows maintence, and fdisk. I like floppy disks, still good tech. I use my USB Jumpdrive (PNY 512MB) to do most stuff. It got ruined in flood also... I hate water now...