Floppy Drive issues

Mike Nowakowski

In Runtime
I recently changed the motherboard of the 97 Gateway with a year older motherboard it didint work so i put the origional back in it and when i went to use the floppy drive i inserted a floppy disk in it and it said there was none in ther, the drives light is always on i dont know what to do.

Mike

Re: Flopy Drive isshues

Is the ribbon cable in all the way and connected the rigt way (not flipped around)?

Yup, sounds like the cable is connected wrong as nevermind suggested.
These guys are correct, when the light is on all the time on a floppy drive it means the ribbon cable is flipped around. Unhook one end and flip it around and plug it back in. also make sure that the end where the twist in the cable is closest to is plugged into the floppy drive itself.

But, Dont most motherboard's support Upgrade's from a flash/jump drive? Or do only the people who own older model's of motherboard's use them?

Mostly only newer models support flashing BIOS from a jump/usb drive. In this case, theres no way his Gateway would support flashing from a usb drive; hence the need for a floppy (amongst other things...like file backups :p hahaha)

Back
Top Bottom