floppy drive is not present in my computer

aliwab

Beta member
floppy drive problems (is not present in "My computer")

I have tried almost everything possible: reinstalled drivers, disconnected all other components except floppy drive, restored copmuter to an earlier time. Still my computer does not recognise the A drive. When i go to my computer the A drive simply isnt there, but the device manager says all the drives are fine. I havent used floppy's in a while its only when i wanted to reboot my computer that i realised it could'nt. The drive is simply inaccessible
your help is much appreciated.

Re: floppy drive problems (is not present in

aliwab said:
I have tried almost everything possible: reinstalled drivers, disconnected all other components except floppy drive, restored copmuter to an earlier time. Still my computer does not recognise the A drive. When i go to my computer the A drive simply isnt there, but the device manager says all the drives are fine. I havent used floppy's in a while its only when i wanted to reboot my computer that i realised it could'nt. The drive is simply inaccessible
your help is much appreciated.
Did it ever ? It seems it did,but you must put in a disk.
Does My Computer really not list A C D E etc ?
Does the light come on at bootup ? Thats the big ?

floppy disk drive not working.

The light doesnt come on at boot. i know you guys mean well but some questions like ''did you put in a disk'' are really not helping. please help i really need to reboot my pc. ''My computer'' lists all thé other drives éxcépt the A drive. When i trouble shoot it says everything is working fine but it isnt.

Well aliwab
--------------------------------------------------
it seems to me that the power lead came loose inside, if this is not the answer.

i would get into bios at startup and chect to see if bios detects the A drive, if it does then it is a connection problem.

Re: floppy disk drive not working.

aliwab said:
The light doesnt come on at boot. i know you guys mean well but some questions like ''did you put in a disk'' are really not helping. please help i really need to reboot my pc. ''My computer'' lists all thé other drives éxcépt the A drive. When i trouble shoot it says everything is working fine but it isnt.
Theres the answer then,either a bad connection or time for a new one.So stop fretting as you will get to use the floppys again.
When i trouble shoot it says everything is working fine but it isnt.
Do you mean it's listed in System Devices,not Explorer.That doesn't compute.
Your info wasn't that helpfull either to reply to.So please expect basic replies,sorry it was in bold text,but necessary.
:D

One suggestion. Floppy drives are cheap. I keep a known good floppy drive on the shelf, along with a new floppy cable. It takes just a few minutes to change one out.

AlwaysUp said:
One suggestion. Floppy drives are cheap. I keep a known good floppy drive on the shelf, along with a new floppy cable. It takes just a few minutes to change one out.
Absolutely,no other choice.But i hope we get a closure on this.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom