Flight sim

foothead

Omnicide now.
I've been playing a lot of flight sim lately (mainly X-Plane 9) and I really want a new experience. I was thinking maybe a force feedback joystick or possibly a flight yoke at some point in the future, depending on what kinda deal I can get.

What do y'all think? Worth it? and which would be better?

Also, if anyone here plays flight sim, which one do you use?

lol yeah I bet.

I've always wanted to build a whole simulation cockpit... I have yet to see a homebuilt one with pneumatics installed but I have no room for such a contraption.

Does anyone have a link to a way to enable a standard LCD as a glass cockpit? I could use a 10 inch LCD and dissect an old scissor switch keyboard to make one... I just don't know how to make FS X or X-Plane use the LCD how I want.

Ok, I've been out of the loop here at CF for awhile.. Finally, I have the time to come back!

FSX has been the best experience for me. I haven't tried X-Plane yet. I don't have 80 gigs of free space....... Yet. Lol :D If I get it, I'm installing every single last bit of it.

I just play with a cheapo joystick and even that is a lot more fun than a plain old keyboard. If I were you, I would go for some sort of force feedback controller. The Saitek X-52 Pro is my favorite that I have seen on the web so far. I'll be getting myself one soon maybe.

I wouldn't go with a yoke in all honesty. They might be worth it if you are flying around in a sim to learn things, but I just fly around for the fun.

Hmmm... ok thanks for that.

I already have 2 logitech extreme 3d pro's so idk about buying another joystick. are there any force feedback yokes?

You should definitely try X-plane 9. The graphics are amazing. I can't even max it on my 4870 x2 without getting like 5fps when in a big city... lol

Any recommend for an abso-n00b? I have literally never tried one but i like sim games and have been meaning to try flight-simming for a while

If you want to switch things up a little, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 is awesome. good graphics and all.

Weird... I've never heard anyone say CFS3 has good graphics...

Well, there not GREAT compared to most games, but there ok, especialy compared to the other CFS games in the series (I have CFS1, 2, and 3)

See for yourself.

CFS3:
ss32.jpg
ss7.jpg
ss19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom