Flashing a Dell's BIO's

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well like it says. I have a dell Dimention 9100. And I would like to overclock it. Tell me what you need, wether it be mobo info, or processor type or whatever. Although most people here know what im running. But that shouldnt really matter for using a new program for bios right. Im hopeing that there is just univeral prgram, that lets me flash them..

Im lost.. so i download that, and i can automaticly flash the bios, and then OC to my leisure...?

There is an overclocking potential with the new revision, but since it's a Dell, don't know. Here's what this new revision does:

1. Updated microcode for newer CPU steppings.
2. Updated SMBIOS tables to meet new specifications.
3. Improved USB support.
4. Improved BIOS flash support.

Yeah i noticed that. And to tell you the truth, I dont know what any of that is. Well i know what the USB one is. But, number 4, Imporved flash support.. does that only mean that, its easer to flash.

So this really isnt going to do it for me?

I guess it makes it easier to flash. I would do it since it's available for your PC. Can't hurt it any, just improvements. Unless you totally screw up the BIOS update process, then you're stuck with a useless PC.

So you want to have access to the BIOS not flash the BIOS. As far as I know about Dells (which isn't much because I have never owned one but hear me out), they lock the user out of the BIOS to prevent from overclocking or making changes that may adversely affect the PC. I personally haven't heard of anyone being able overclock a Dell computer.

Maybe true, I don't know you could be right. The newer versions might allow you access the BIOS but I've heard that once you get into the BIOS, there is no overclocking feature for the Dells. I suppose you can try Clockgen to overclock. I've never used it but some claim to be able to overclock a Dell with it, so if you're feeling adventurous you might want to try that.

Back
Top Bottom