Flashed my WRT5G v5.

TheLastWolf

In Runtime
I have a WRT5G v5 Linksys router. This router was really bothering me. Constant restart required, and kept crashing my modem, wasn't accessible through browser, ect.... Yesterday I was pretty bored and searched for a solution. I came across a custom Firmware called DD-WRT.

This firmware has proven to be a lot better than the Linksys Firmware. It provides better stability, you can also 'overclock' your router. You can have it transmit a stronger signal. The firmware is really well done, and I recommend it to anyone who has a WRT5G router.

I have a WRT54G (not sure what version) as well and I don't get any of those problems you mentioned. However, I prefer to use firmware that is straight from Linksys and not 3rd party firmware. You could really screw it up if something was wrong with the firmware or if it was for a different version or whatever. Glad it worked for you though.

From what I hear DD-WRT is a great firmware upgrade. It let's you access advanced features not found in the standard firmware and in most cases it stabilizes and improves the connection by being able to increase the transmitting power of the router.

wow, they didn't used to have this for anything past version 3 for the wrt54g, but now they got all the version. I guess I may be doing a flash today (especially sucks since I just bought a new router, the wrt54g with the latest firmware from linksys wouldn't allow both out xbox 360s to connect to live at the same time, this probably would have fixed that problem though).

Any tips about the flash process you got so I don't brick my router. haha.

Back
Top Bottom