Flash drive question

Celticsfan

Banned
Looking to buy a mid level flash drive with 4GB of space. What are some of the better brands around?

Thoughts?

thx

I got a sandisk with U3 on it...Which is a space saved on the drive that allows you to use the stuff even if you dont have the program installed on your personal computer.... Im really not sure how it works or if it works since I have never had to use it but i guess its a pretty cool feature and they are pretty cheap...I also have never had a problem with it losing data or messing up on me at all....

i use an PNY 2GB.
Had it since last Fall IIRC. Its still working, i use it about 2 times a week now using Firefox Portable on my schools computer, since their IE doenst have tabs or they dont have Firefox.

Just dont pull out the Flashdrive when its accessing it, the results would most likely be data loss and/or malfunction. Right click on the safely remove hardware thing will be the best thing to do if possible.

The 16gb here is plugged into a hub not direct into any port. You can plug them in while the system is running and be detected right off with the auto play prompt if the installer doesn't appear.

Unpliugging when the system is shut down is the best move. That holds for external hard drives as well.

I just find one that fits my budget while it will last me awhile.

I go for a well known name with a decent capacity. Then google for reviews and price comparisons till i know it's a good piece of hardware and that i can get it cheap.

Try the kingston datatravellers.
Picked 2x 1gb models up for £5 delivered to my door online a couple months ago. Brilliantly reliable drive (till i lost it). But not there fault.

Back
Top Bottom